Home

Clone Wars from The Cartoon Network

GothicSith

Don't know if you guys know about this or even care but if you do then hit this LINK and scroll down to "Clone Wars Cartoons Official!! - UPDATED for more information. Basically its 20 animated "Clone Wars" serial shorts to appear on Cartoon Network in 2003-2004. The bad thing about these "shorts" is that it very short. Only two-three minutes long. What gives? Its all being done by the animator/creator of Samuri Jack.

Originally posted by GothicSith

Don't know if you guys know about this or even care but if you do then hit this LINK and scroll down to "Clone Wars Cartoons Official!! - UPDATED for more information. Basically its 20 animated "Clone Wars" serial shorts to appear on Cartoon Network in 2003-2004. The bad thing about these "shorts" is that it very short. Only two-three minutes long. What gives? Its all being done by the animator/creator of Samuri Jack.

I heard about this a while back and thought it would be ok.

But now that I see the animators from Samarai Jack are doing it...

The shows on the Cartoon Network are so poorly animate(IMO).

I think a anime animator(a real anime animator not the Pokemon-Digimon-Yugo crap) should make the Clone Wars.

I'll probably watch it for the stories.

I agree that the shows on that network are poorly anitmated. However I do like Samuri Jack. Its not filled with loads of detail but it artisitc value is definately there. Not to mention that they do not use black line (which is the bold line that surrounds every object animated), which I believe is very hard to do. Early rumors of this project was that it was all CGI which I think would have been better than anime IMHO but anime would have been better than what we are getting. In any case it can not be any worse than the Driods and Ewoks cartoon back in the 80's

Cartoon Network...ick. Almost all their shows are the same show, in that they all have plots from the Big Book of Plots For Cartoons, but in different settings with different charecters. And then the good stuff they show, on Adult Swim, they make you stay up to 11-1:30 to watch. Whats up with that? All the shows on that are popular, and none of them are as mature oriented as they make them out to be, so why not show them during the day?

As for the cartoons, I dunno....seems like more Star Wars licensing. I loved Star Wars when I was a kid and I still like the universe a lot, just not how they license it out to anyone who pays em. And the whole Jedi/Sith thing is annoying...you can't just slap a big "Evil" label on people, its not that simple.

Originally posted by Aerothorn

And the whole Jedi/Sith thing is annoying...you can't just slap a big "Evil" label on people, its not that simple.

I seriously doubt Lucas thinks its that simple. Star Wars to me was always about the extremes at both ends. However if you look at Anikan you'll see the complexity of the struggle between "Good" and "Evil". He was once a Jedi doing "good" deeds. But when he falls his "evil" ways of the Sith was indeed horrific. Here you have a man who stuggles to find the balance between good and evil which is inherent in all of us. You are right Label as you say are there just to define the actions you take in life. If you continue to do "evil" things in life then you are labeled as an "evil" person. By contrast if you do only good deeds then you are a "good" person. The question here now is what is evil and what is good? Indeed not simple at all. But like I said SW is about the extremes and not the complicated "greys" that makes up 95 percent of the world/universe.

No, I'm sure your right Gothic, Lucas doesn't see it that simple...however in many things its protrayed that way. Basiclly all Sith are always portrayed as the villains, and that bugs me. I can't put me finger on it. Its hard to explain.

This is straying away from the topic but I can not resist.

The Sith are portrayed as villains because that is what they are. Nothing else. If they were to be anything else they would not be called Sith. To Lucas the Sith is the personification of evil. They are defined as such. The Jedis are the other half to the equation. Now there is this "grey" area that exists in where most of us fall into. For instance a Sith in an act of revenge will kill anyone that gets in their way no matter the consequences. People who fall in between - greys- will kill for revenge but are mindful of the consquences and thus act on those who only deservers it. While Jedis will never kill for revenge. Follow?

Yeah this is very off topic. I would not object if you would create a thread to continue this wonderful intellecutal banter so others can join in. Or you can PM me if you like. In any case thanks for excersizing my brain. Where I'm at (work) folks around me can dull the senses:eek:

If you wanna make a topic for it feel free.... I can't do it myself because its against my policy to make a topic for debating. I used to make topics for political debates and learned the very important lesson that you NEVER, EVER discuss politics or religeon online, as it will just degenerate into a flamefest(Well, I didn't flame people, but they sure flamed me.).

Anyway back on topic, I am rather dissapointed Lucasfilms licensed this out. I never saw Samurai Jack much- I've seen a few 5 miniute segments which all seem to consists of him jumping around, and one segment with the most sterotypical Scotsman I have ever seen, so I have a bad impression of that. Dexter's Lab is just another stereotypical cartoon. So now the director is doing this...I don't have high hopes. They say it will have a "Band of Brothers" feel and involved the battle tactics and such from the clone wars. I've never seen Band of Brothers, but war tactics? On Cartoon Network? If it is its gonna be totally censored(War...with no blood!).

I will say that Lucas is a marketing genius for exploring the Clone Wars, though.Espescially for game potential. World War II + Star Wars= $$$.

If you wanna make a topic for it feel free.... I can't do it myself because its against my policy to make a topic for debating. I used to make topics for political debates and learned the very important lesson that you NEVER, EVER discuss politics or religeon online, as it will just degenerate into a flamefest(Well, I didn't flame people, but they sure flamed me.).

Debates involving the ignorant and uneducated will bring it to a flame war. Ours was not in that nature. However I do understand. Therefore, like I said, if YOU want to continue then by all means another option is to PM me, otherwise we'll leave it at that.

Anyway back on topic, I am rather dissapointed Lucasfilms licensed this out. I never saw Samurai Jack much- I've seen a few 5 miniute segments which all seem to consists of him jumping around, and one segment with the most sterotypical Scotsman I have ever seen, so I have a bad impression of that. Dexter's Lab is just another stereotypical cartoon. So now the director is doing this...I don't have high hopes. They say it will have a "Band of Brothers" feel and involved the battle tactics and such from the clone wars. I've never seen Band of Brothers, but war tactics? On Cartoon Network? If it is its gonna be totally censored(War...with no blood!).

As with anything Star Wars in this day and age we are all extremely too critical and rather negative when something new is done. I'm more in the mind frame of, "I'll judge it when I see it first". The right concept (Band of Brothers)and commitment (True Star Wars Fan) is all there so it can turn out rather well. This of course by no means will warrant an excellent outcome but to me it can not be worse than the Ewoks and Droids series from the eighties so there is some hope. Admitingly I will say that Star Wars today is not the same as it once was so I do understand all the backlash. However there is always a little room for optimism especially in this day and age.

Originally posted by Darth Simpson

Artwork looks like crap in my opinion.

Crap is such and ugly word.

I prefer garbáge.

so you should say:

Originally posted by Darth Simpson

Artwork looks like garbáge in my opinion.

You see, that has more class to it.:D

wasn't there a Doids, Ewok

and someother cartoon once?

and a Star Trek cartoon.

I mean it will have a run of indeterminent length

garner itself some cult fan status

and then it will be gone.

I always wondered why GL

never did a TV series?

Babylon5

Star Trek original

TNG

DS9

Voyager

and now Enterprise

all had 7 year runs

B5 five years

plus ill fated Crusade 13 episodes

(I have all 13, plus all 5 years plus all movies)

I also have all DS9's

a good chunk of TNG's

and Voyager

these types of shows

soap opera's for guys as I heard them called

are so much better.

I mean wasn't watching 7 of 9

and Jadzia Dax

so much more stimulating

then watching a little anime girl jedi

and carttonish wookies, jawas and yodas?

Futurama is the only sci fi cartoon worth watching

:D

Originally posted by Notion

Smuri Jack's animation may not be great but the art direction is superb. I love the visuals. I've only watched like 2 shows but if they make the SW shows as interesting visually as SJ, then I'll watch em.

My point excatly. The artistic value is all there. If you look carefully the visuals are very clean and very sharp. While the animations is smooth.

Originally posted by GothicSith

Why do you guys keep assuming that its going to be exactly like Samuri Jack? Really now, I don't think that its going to look like that.

They already showed the picture on the official site.

It does look like Samurai Jack.

Artwork looks like garbáge in my opinion.

Better? :D

Absolutely. Ya see it's classier.

It's like instead of saying "car hole" we say "garage".

Originally posted by Hannibal

They already showed the picture on the official site.

It does look like Samurai Jack.

I was aware of that picture however I still think that its not going to look exactly like Samurai Jack. Like I said I'll wait until it comes out to give it a final judgement.

Archived