Home

BF1942 StarWars MOD

TheJackal

Going for one specific weapon / vehicle is a common fault in BF1942. Get a reasonable degree in any of them and switch over, depending on the situation. This brings the best results. I've gone, for instance, from assault to anti-tank to anti-air to pilot to sniper on Wake in the space of just 15 minutes. The result was a first place and a whopping 80 % teamscore.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

Going for one specific weapon / vehicle is a common fault in BF1942. Get a reasonable degree in any of them and switch over, depending on the situation.

I know what you mean on the mission I just played (on the FULL game FINALLY :D ) I was the german assult, picked up the US tompson shot a guy on top of a tank ran up the hill shot a sniper and took his gun and turned it against the ally base, and they never came to check the hill (mucho kill).

note this may sound like boasting but hey I stink and when I get better I boast :D

I finally, finally, FINALLY got the full version, but due to schoolwork and such I haven't goten the chance to install yet, but I'm about to! I played the demo for 2 weeks before getting this game, and I love it! :D

Sorry about the break in topic.

I just got the Battlefield 1942 expansion pack: Road to Rome. It added some cool maps, along with some tough tanks and other vehicles. It's not the best expansion pack I've seen, but it is decent. If you keep an eye on sales, you can get it for as low as $10-$15 USD. I know some of you just got the game, but this is a nice addition.

BTW - do any of you know when the SW Battlefield mod is planned to go public?

You all should read around on their site, it has some good info. :D

Anway yeah, I think they said they were going to try and beta by Summer (northern hemisphere) I think, but I'm really not sure so it's best that you go there and look at it. :)

BTW - do any of you know when the SW Battlefield mod is planned to go public?

The web site said they were going to release the alpha version yesterday but they delayed it until later. Hopefully they will be able to add the AT-AT in the release.

The above information is here.

Has anybody played the Desert Combat mod? It is a mod for BF1942 that focusses on the Gulf War. It is really fun and they plan on adding an Ac-130 with a mobile spawn point to the mod.

The homepage for the Desert Combat mod is at www.desertcombat.com .

I got the game a little while ago, and it seemed overrated to me. I mean, I can never kill anyone on foot cause it lags so much--the ways I can kill people are with anti-tank missles against tanks, shooting down planes in tanks or stationary guns, or running over people in mah jeep. There's also no music in the game, and no lasers. :p

It should be interesting to see a SW mod for this......I'd love to play the Battle of Geonosis in an AT-TE.

Originally posted by Billy Shears

I got the game a little while ago, and it seemed overrated to me. I mean, I can never kill anyone on foot cause it lags so much--the ways I can kill people are with anti-tank missles against tanks, shooting down planes in tanks or stationary guns, or running over people in mah jeep. There's also no music in the game, and no lasers. :p

It should be interesting to see a SW mod for this......I'd love to play the Battle of Geonosis in an AT-TE.

What kind of connection do you have, because it's kinda a requirement to have a Cable, DSL or higher. I play on my cable modem all the time and I try to stay away from the 64 player games, although I do play them sometimes, I'll just experiance a little unwanted lag. I usually go for games in between 42-50 somthing players. I've been on plenty of servers that are relitivly lag free because of a T3 dedicated server and a ping limit of around 200-300. Mucho fun.

And thanks to the X-Pac I have a new favorite level, Anzio. It and Wake (because I played it a billion times on the demo) are kill fests for me with Battle of the Bulge pulling in a close 3rd.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with JO, but BF1942 seemed really jumpy. I can kill people in JO.....with 1942 it seems a lot more difficult. You can hardly see the bullets, and then there's teh jumpiness. I just thought JO seemed the better game.....but that might be because I'm a pure SW fan at heart. :)

Archived