Home

BF1942 StarWars MOD

TheJackal

I thought you guys would like to know about this mod in progress. Its called StarWars: Battlefield and its for Battlefield 1942.

It looks pretty amazing. You guy to actually pilot AT&Ts, AT-ST, etc in this game. I cant wait to truely recreat the Hoth battle, not like Force COmmander or Battlegrounds, but like THIS!.

Oooooooooh yeah =)

http://www.swbattlefield.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason why it sucks it single-player is that there is no story, u just play multi-player maps in single-player with up to 64 bots.

It's a matter of preference. I cannot play multiplayer because the computer I'm using to type this we got in 1999/2000 but is unfortunately the only compuetr in my house house with Internet. The more advanced computer that I use for my latest games has Internet access but it takes ages to put in all the plugs and stuff (laptop), and for some strange reason if it's near the crap computer the screen goes funny, so I can't play online.

That Mod looks very cool. Only if I had the game (but I don't, and not intending too) and the internet speed to do it. It will change the aspect of war (don't know what it really means:) )

"The Bloody Wars of Star Wars":D

as i write this, i'm the # 2724th best player out there according to the stats. In the top 4 percent...

hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... ;)

If you're ranked as well, you might as well post your handles here, so people can watch your progress.

And no, i don't mentor in my spare-time, so you don't have to ask.. :D

I almost find playing with bots better (sometimes) than playing online.

LAN's are the best... Nothing quite beats 6 human Axis against an assload of AI Allies (we use a 1:6 Axis:Allies ratio) on Omaha with the tickets maxed out... Two engineers on the defguns, working with two scouts (also manning the upper bunker 50-cals), a third engineer in the panzer, and a medic in the lower bunker.

The easiest way to recap the middle spawn is to fill up a half-track and drive down the ridge on the right side of the right defgun, and right into the flag square... And as long as you've got that spawn, they're gonna have a hard time making it into the town, since the defguns shell their opposing beach "offramps", they have a hard time making it back up off the beach, and the rest of the crew is back where they should be, they have to start from scratch, and we kill a lot of them in the process... Resulting in more lost tickets for them.

Personally, I'm an artilliary guy. I can drop a round in a beer cooler with only one ranging shot... And nothing beats the feeling you get when you launch an unsuspecting rifleman into orbit. I only wish I could see the look on their face, assuming their face is still intact...

i like flying planes, but i get frustrated when people shoot me down with tanks or machine gun. i mean common! :)

maybe i should use my joystick for flying instead... but I did get pretty good with only the mouse.

i'm not too fond of tanks. for some reason i cant quite seem to aim while moving in this game.

and the sniper is terrible,. but i guess its a lot more realistic since the bullet doesnt slice through your opponent instantly like other games.

I'll bet you're a CS-playing AWP whore too. :p (JOKING!)

But seriously... I'm in love with the engineers' rifles (K98/No4). They're all the sexy goodness of the sniper, but without the waiting for the scope to settle. And I just get all stiff every time I pop someone point-blank with it... It's just like, "BAM!" *pause* "Ooohhhhhh yeah..."

Did I mention I'm also a paratrooper? On BFE, I led the 101st Airborne... We'd all pile up and lay down on the wings of as many planes as we could, and then all jump off behind enemy lines. Nothing quite beats hitting the ground in the middle of the action...

I'm a scout/anti-tank/pilot, depending on the map. On Omaha, I always take scout and pick them off as they unload and also spot for the artillery. ("Request artillery fire on these cordinates!") If not a good scout map, then I take anti-tank. And best of all, the fighter planes. I sometimes use the bombers, but I prefer to provide air cover and take out other planes, that's what I do best.

BTW - Using a joysick for flying is MUCH better then the mouse.

This mod looks like it could be the end of my normal BF:1942 playing. Instead my AT-AT will crush you! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And while we are talking about mods (this is kinda off topic though), check out this half-life mod. Natural-Selection It's a marines vs. aliens game, but don't judge it to be a Aliens rip off until you try it. It is WAY better than Counter-strike. Very team based.

Originally posted by Praetorian

And while we are talking about mods (this is kinda off topic though), check out this half-life mod. Natural-Selection It's a marines vs. aliens game, but don't judge it to be a Aliens rip off until you try it. It is WAY better than Counter-strike. Very team based.

I spread the NS love a few months back... Great game.

ive played battlefield its a good game, me and my friend where desiding which game we should make a GTA MP mod for and i suggested this game but i had no idea there source code was out, anyways for now its being moded for Half Life, but this MOD looks really good, cant wait to play it.

I'm mainly assault. I actually use the gun more as a sniper rifle than a close range gun, but it does it's buisness at close range. I'm a straightforward infatry man. But I do occasionally jump in a plane if nobody is around to compete with. I love playing with 32 players and I can't even imagine 64 on the full game.

Archived