Home

the solution, arrogance

Kstar__2

i've been thinking a long time about this.

i believe that arrogance is the reason discrimination and racism exist.

arrogance mean that you think you are better than others, most of the time this is a one on one sitiation, but when people start to make groups, thay start to be arrogant not only to eichother, but as a groupt to others as well. so if we teach our children to never be arrogant, we would have a non-racism world.

do you agree with me or not, and why?

Would you not then agree that some arrogance is more deeply ingrained into the psyche of the country, rather than the individuals?

They are more likely to be deeply rooted in historical aspects of each country, and how they see themselves against other countries. Western Europe has always seen itself as the discoverers of the world, therefore most of the countries on other continents they saw as beneath them. This is where the psyche of many countries are rooted from......

Not quite as simplistic as just teaching each other to not be discriminatory, it is changing things slowly, over a whole country, and generations.

Yes arrogance is ONE OF the reason racism comes around. (Ex: Whites think they're better than blacks) But I don't think its possible for EVERYONE to bring their kids up away from arrogance. Its just not possible.

Ya know, one thing I've noticed, is that around other people, the bad qualities always seem to rub off and not the good ones...

Very good perception have you. I think that modern western culture places to much emphasis on the individual and his or her rights. Don't get me wrong, these things are important, but we beat each other over the head with talk about diversity and individiualism.

Maybe every individual is special and unique but we are more alike than different. This seems to get lost somewhere.

If you go around thinking you are special it's very easy to dehumanise other groups of people. Once you do this it's easier still to bomb shoot burn and do everything else horrible we do to each other.

It's probably pride, no doubt. But I believe a large part of it is also what you're taught by your parents. Look at the southern parts of America. They are much more inclined to be racist than people, probably because they're taught that black people are something that they're not.

But I'm sure pride has a lot to do with it too.

Archived