Home

on double standards

JEDI_MASTA

I honestly dont understand some of this, why on this forum does anti americanism abound but If I am say, anti french and russian for looking out for their big oil contracts as opposed to the welfare of their people I would be visciously shot down as a racist?

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

not on anything else please, the swastika was there to prove a point, now its gone, get over it

Right, the point being that you are a bigoted jackass. Which you then have the nerve to start a thread whining about.

Originally posted by Lord Fergie

I am confused by this thread

"antiamericanism" I don't recall a whole lot of that

Presumably he's one of those idiots for whom "anti-Bush" is synonymous with "Anti-American".

When I say that America is a paranoïa, hypocrite, dangerous country, ofcourse I don't mean the people in it. It's the goverment.

If they say that The Netherlands will support a war on Iraq, than that's only our goverment. The people here do not.

If you refer to a country in a political way, that normally one would talk about it's government.

You guys make the best movies but your goverment simply sucks.

Originally posted by Young David

You guys make the best movies...

Right.

Maybe for the people fond of big explosions, aliens and pathetic love wanna-be dramas. But not for the rest.

Sadly, I'm in the first group.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Sure you can. We'll just IP ban you within the hour.

So that would get you banned, whereas saying that Jewish people deserved the Holocaust won't?

Nice to know we have our priorities in order.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

So that would get you banned, whereas saying that Jewish people deserved the Holocaust won't?

Using a cross as an avatar doesn't mean you agree with the brutal genocides and oppression of millions of people, and all the dictators who killed people in its name.

And nudity is way overrated. Go look at yourself, people.

Originally posted by Young David

You guys make the best movies but your goverment simply sucks.

Our government doesn't suck.

The people we choose to run it do. Or in the current case the people we kind of didn't really choose to run it do.

as my question answered... you may use your first amendment with freedom of speech and all, masta, but YOU MAY NOT DO SOMETHING THAT INFRINGES ON OTHERS' RIGHTS.

That is how it reads in the US constitution, or at least a rough paraphrasing.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

Nice to know we have our priorities in order.

I hope you realize that what Fergie said was meant to be a playful joke prodding at Heavyarms' innosence when he asked that question. There's a history of that here, that you might not know about.

I honestly dont understand some of this, why on this forum does anti americanism abound but If I am say, anti french and russian for looking out for their big oil contracts as opposed to the welfare of their people I would be visciously shot down as a racist?

Perhaps it's the way things are really said? Yeah, I'm usually respectful except for morons sounding big and bad, etc....

I hope you realize that what Fergie said was meant to be a playful joke prodding at Heavyarms' innosence when he asked that question. There's a history of that here, that you might not know about.

I say bring it on Kode. :) Some of the inquiring minds would like to know I'm sure..

As for the Anti-American stance aswell as any other country is the way things have to be worded carefully or it could be taken seriously and we all know the result here...... :rolleyes:

you guys dont understand, the government of the US and the people is tied together, it is one in the same, it is a representative republic (not a democracy mind you) You have the right to speak your mind, but if you want to complain about a president or anything else in our government, vote him out you have the power, and if you cant vote him out well obviously at least half the people like him so u must be wrong.

Anti americanism to me would be that you choose that sadam heusein *sp* is telling the truth but you cannot trust bush... that is anti american to me.

the swastika does not get you banned because, im allowed to believe what i want to believe, all of you seem to forget that before WW2 the jews were like the most hated group on the planet, wearing around a star of david would have gotten you shot in most countries, im not even going to get into the fact that white males are the most discriminated against group in this country. If i came on here wearing the symbol of the black panther party it would not recieve the same reaction as me wearing the swastika, why is that, because you have been brainwashed into believing that because some people are in a minority they have the right to do things that would be unacceptable if I as a white male did them.

and I ask another question while were ont he topic, why has the world become total anti war, it is not a crime to do what you think is right to protect your people, bush believes he is doing the right thing, it is difficult being the only conservative in a mass of liberals, it really is, because everything you say or do is twisted around with no voice to back you up...

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

you guys dont understand, the government of the US and the people is tied together, it is one in the same,

In no country are the goverment and the people one in the same.

You have the right to speak your mind, but if you want to complain about a president or anything else in our government, vote him out you have the power,

I do not have the power to vote him out (if I had, I would). But his foolish actions are destroying world security, including my own security.

Anti americanism to me would be that you choose that sadam heusein *sp* is telling the truth but you cannot trust bush... that is anti american to me.

I trust neither. What does that make me?

and if you cant vote him out well obviously at least half the people like him so u must be wrong.

:rolleyes:

and I ask another question while were ont he topic, why has the world become total anti war, it is not a crime to do what you think is right to protect your people,

Eh?

Let me remind you: 90% of the world's wars have been started because sum1 wants to "protect" their people. Including, of course, WW1 and WW2. And if you belive a country have a right to attack anyone who is a threat to them, then Saddam has full right to attack US.

bush believes he is doing the right thing,

So is Saddam. So is bin Laden too. But none of the three are doing the right thing.

it is difficult being the only conservative in a mass of liberals, it really is, because everything you say or do is twisted around with no voice to back you up...

Riiiiight....:rolleyes:

Archived