Home

Rap Music

C'jais

I urge every one of you guys and girls, LISTEN TO THE RAP SONG

"I Can" -NAS

Its is one of the ONLY rap songs that ENCOURAGES KIDS TO NOT DO DRUGS, HAVE EARLY SEX OR GET INTO GANGS AND THAT THEY CAN BE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD AS LONG AS THEY WORK FOR IT.

And get this, NAS is one of the leading rappers in todays rap game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty out there, unfortunately it's the minority and not the majority.

When rap started out, it was completely different to how it is today. It was about stopping the violence and crime, and trying to get a message to young kids (BDP for example had a huge hit with 'Stop the Violence'. Now unfortunately the majority of rappers like to brag about how much money they have and how they slap up their bitches and what players they are. The videos have 10 different kinds of half naked ho on them. I can't stand all the crap they chat these days. This is why I mainly listen to R&B instead of rap. I'll take Usher over any rapper any day.

The music is another story, there are some truly great tunes out there when you take away all the sh/t lyrics. 50 cent - In da club = Take away the crap lyrics and what a great tune underneath! This is what is all boils down to, the music not the lyrics. If it's a great tune, people will buy it.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Reborn, I saw the video for that on MTV and my hopes in America's taste in music were somewhat raised byt it. There's wholesome music for you. Now if he could just be the rule, not the exception.

Yes its also a good music video. :D If only other rappers would take what he sings about into account... :rolleyes: lol

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

But that would be wrong for the rest of the rap community. They gotta sing about their bling bling, their bang bang and their bitches.

:rolleyes:

the ignorance!! :rolleyes: you know i dont like rap, ive said it twice...but only, and usually only mainstream rap is about what you mentioned. There is still a lot of other underground rap that has more meaning...and is honestly 100 times better than most mainstream rap. The ONLY mainstream rap cds I own are Country Grammar, 2 Pac: Until the End of Time and the 50 Cent CD(an older one)

Rather than being ignorant and closed minded...check out some underground stuff and see what you think. Just search google, there are forums around here somewhere (the url escapes me now)

The ignorance. :rolleyes: I myself have no desire to listen to rap, inspiring, wholesome or not. It's the mainstream I care about because it's what people listen to. If people listened to the rap of which you speak and it can actually pass off as good music, then I would have no quarrel with the genre. But no. The rap that my cousins listen to, the rap that the public listens to. That's absolute trash. That's what I'm dealing with.

Rather than being ignorant and not comprehending my message, don't yell at me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so here is mine. Almost all rap, I despise. I cannot stand listening to people rap about how drugs, sex, and violence are all so cool. And like someone previously said, that alot of rap songs are about themselves.

Granted, some rap is very good. I give props to Reborn for bringing up Nas. Nas is an amazing rapper I enjoy alot of his stuff.

Anyone ever hear the song, "Dance" by Nas? He raps about his mom and I personally think it is an amazing song.

However, some alternative is just as bad, some metal is just as bad, and some pop is just as bad.

Heavy Metal (imo) is just a bunch of screaming lunatics roaring about absolutely nothing. Half the time I can't even understand it but that is just me. However, I am sure some heavy metal is excellent and has good lyrics (although I have yet to hear it).

Music is a very personal thing and everyone is going to have different tastes, so I think it is very hard to judge a type of music and get everyone to agree with you. I do not think people that listen to rap are stupid and have no sense of what real music is. I do consider rap music and I do know (despite what people say) that rap does require talent and it ain't that easy. I think all music requires a tremendous amount of hard work and talent. I really admire artists that try to deliver a positve message in their songs instead of a negative one or one that is just about girls. I consider them the real artists that are trying to make a difference in the music industry.

Some of you will not agree with me and I don't care. I respect that. I will gladly debate. But don't turn this thread into a fight.

Thanks Cjais for making this thread I think it is a great topic.:)

Archived