Home

First Names!

arguile

last time i was caught up on these posts there was some talk about how the naming system would work. i remember something to the effect that only one person would be able to have a certain FIRST name, so that people could rp with family names. has that changed, because if it hasnt that means the chances of me getting the name i want have decreased significantly...

Yeah thats what i'm worried about. but i have 3 first names thought out. and they're all good. and since i'm getting the game when it first comes out i doubt ALL 3 will be taken. i wouldn't be supprised if the names aren't taken for a few weeks if not months. I do know Greek :) so i can pick Greek names too. so unless some other Greek SOB thinks of the names i'm thinking of then i should be fine. :)

I always have names, so if anyone has problems coming up with one, I can throw a couple out there for you. I will admit though, my last names are not nearly as good as the first names I come up with. I have a few names set aside for myslf though. Considering that I will be starting day one, on the east coast......all you Pacific people will have to find your own names, cause us east coasters get first dibs. ;P

Gotta love the time zones.:D

Yeah i did read that games were banned in Greece. i dont know if that was final and they really can't play or if they were thinking about it. But i haven't been to Greece since 96. And when my family calls family that live in Greece i'm not gonna waste there time and ask them if games are banned.

I remember i talked to one of my cousins from Greece. and in 96 he bought a playstation when i was there in greece and like 2-3yrs ago when i talked to him on the phone the first think i asked him was if he still had the playstation. hahah he was like "what? you haven't talk to me in years and thats the first thing u say to me?"

haha what can i say i didn't know what to ask him.

ummmmm ok anyways i'm getting off topic. Yeah my name will be unique....ummmmmm so ..... i should be fine.. yeeeeah i'll be just fine.

GreekJedi: yes, there was a proposal to outlaw certain games with a too much violence in Greece, but the proposal got too much critique, and was abandoned, as far as I know. I'm not entirely up to date with Greek national politics, though. There are limits to my power. ;)

werent computer games band a while back in greece or was that somewhere else

Almost correct.

There was a proposal to remove all games really. Even playing on a GameBoy publically could result in $15-17,000 (or was it $70.000) in fine and/or up to 4 years in prison ... even if you were a tourist. :eek:

If you search the Off-Topic forum waaaay back, you can find a thread about this which will give you much more detailed and accurate info than I just gave you. :D

But essentially , the law was gonna be really strict.

It was passed down however, cause of the outrage among the people, International gaming community, and even other countries I do believe, that it created.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Ah yes, that was it. lol :p

But the trouble was, the ones that sat and decided what was gambling and what wasn't, couldn't see what was and what wasn't, so they wanted to ban everything. :p:D

ROFLMAO :D :D :D

i bet the people who decided that must be the stuupidest people in the world if they dont know the difference between games and gambling

You would be suprised at the stupidity of people sometimes.

Not just in greece, but everywhere in the world a coalition of biased concerned moms and dads is rising up. They want to ban television, gaming and .....other evil stuff that does so called "bad things" to their children. ;)

Well, thats not entirely true....:joy: , but it looks that way sometimes.

Archived