Home

Free will

Mandalorian54

I deleted the thread "Authority of the Bible"

Now I only want to talk about FREE WILL.

I promise not to intentionally flame in this thread.

I hope Big Teddy Paul and Reborn Outcast can forgive me for the little incident in the "Authority of the Bible" thread.

I hope there will be no criticism in this thread or hurtful comments.

And Big Teddy Paul you had posted four questions in the other thread, I will answer them here.

1. In what general area do you live (America, time zone?)

2. Where have you learned your thoughts on Christianity?

3. If you are a religion which denomination do you follow?

4. Do you have a computer program that has spell check?

1. I live in Ontario, Canada.

2. I have learned my thoughts on Christianity from my churches (I have been to many), Pastors, Teachers, Parents, Theological Books, and The Bible.

3.I am a Baptist. Not a southern Baptist. Just a regular Baptist.

4.I do, but I do not use it, nor will I(other than this post). Spelling is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

So I await the first reply and pray it is not argumentative or insulting. And once again I apologize for my own insults in previous threads.

I ask one thing of you. The Benefit of the Doubt. Please question my foundations and allow me a chance in my defence before criticizing them or me.

---------------------------------------

I used spell check on this post, but I won't again.

It's too much work, I just hope you'll bare with me.

I am partly dislexic so I have exeptionally bad spelling.

but better than the average american.

Words to learn how to spell:

1. Defense

Screw you dude. I mean that nicely. I spent hours writing all that stuff. You just got pissed off that you were "losing" or whatever and didn't want to reply anymore. You kept getting caught contradicting yourself, being more or less wrong, and not being able to answer questions correctly according to biblical beliefs. You are on my **** list and I am not taking you off.

Did you save Pierre's quetions? I don't think so and do you know why? I do. You know jack crap about the Bible besides what has been force feed to you.

You didn't have to delete the thread. You could have just said, "Hey please can we stick on topic," or "I will be deleting this thread in a day so take whatever you want off of it," instead of pulling the rug out from under us.

Dude we allowed you a chance to defend yourself and instead of doing that you deleted the thread so we don't remember what we were accused of or what your answer were. Remeber when Pierre asked those questions and you didn't reply? We gave you days to reply and we ALL posted many times "Still waiting for a response." Nothing. What a load of crock.

You are a chicken. Plain and simple. You need grow up a little and learn to accept criticism better. If you don't want people to disagree with you or question something that you intensely believe in then DON'T POST RELIGIOUS THREADS!

I probably won't write in this thread or others you make based purely on what you did here today. I don't know about others but I was interested in this thread. When I cool off a little and think about it you might or might not hear from me. Probably will when I correct your mistakes or again point out things you said was wrong.

Spelling is one of two things in life you need. You need to do basic math and know how to write and read. You will learn soon enough when you get a job or take college classes that you will fail in life if you don't write correctly. Don't give me that lame excuse of dyslexia. My sister has it as does my father. My father is an inspiration becaue he never took the easy road out and forced himself to rellearn his thinking. My sister hates doing math and writing because it is hard for her eyes and mind to connect the two and work them out. BUT she does get the most pleasure also out of getting As on her math because she persevered.

I will say it one last time. You don't improve your writing I will not reply. Minor loss for both of us but I don't have time trying to determine what you said and what you mean. If you don't learn to overcome your obstacle then you will always be a slave to it.

BigTeddyPaul

:disaprove

People spent hours upon hours of their precious time in searching for all those quotes from the bible etc. and argumenting their case. Suddenly the whole thread goes *poof* because...what - the thread starter decides he'd prefer to talk about something else now?

That was not very thoughtful. You expect everyone to go through the trouble of writing all that stuff AGAIN, because you intentionally deleted it?

And on top of that you

...hope there will be no criticism in this thread or hurtful comments.

:rolleyes:

So what's is the moral of the story?

Answer: make a copy of every post, 'cause you never know; someone might suddenly decide to delete the whole thread.

Live and learn. :(

I've a question:

Can someone (Christian or not) explain to me which role "the Holy Spirit" has?

I mean, God (the father) created everything. Jesus died for our sins so we could get to heaven.

What does the holy spirit do? Isn't it a bit redundant?

Did y'all notice I've learned something from these threads -C'

Originally posted by C'jais

I've a question:

I mean, God (the father) created everything. Jesus died for our sins so we could get to heaven.

What does the holy spirit do? Isn't it a bit redundant?

The Holy Spirit is the house cleaner. It vacuumes the floor and changes the socks.

lol, actually, I have no idea. I know that's bad being a christian myself, but I'll try tofind and answer and tell ya later. :)

To Mandolorian:

"Better then the averadge american"

I know this is bad for a mod to say, but shut up. :)

Mandolorian I'm sorry but deleating that thread was the worst thing you could have done. I agree totally with what Shock and BigTeddy just said. Shock didn't ever get his questions answered after like 2 WEEKS!!! I spent a TON of time writing my responses and you deleated them? Just wondering but was it because you did not have an answer. Next time, at least tell us when you're going to do that so we can post the same things here...

Another thing. How am I supposed to remember exactly what I said about free-will from the other thread? Exactly?! Then I won't get my point across if i don't.

To a mod or an admin who is reading this, is there anyway that you guys can get the thread back long enough for us to be able to get our posts?

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

but better than the average american.[/]b

:eek: Honestly, my 5 year old cousin can spell etter than you and you're 17.

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

Spelling is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I'm going to assume you're a senior in highschool. Have fun working in McDonalds where you don't have to write anything. :rolleyes: And if you're going to college, good luck cause they kinda like correct spelling there.

Well, this is what I've learned from my pastor, my youth leader and from reading the Bible. The Holy Spirit is kinda the force that is always there for people. It is always inside of you and there to guide you. Its almost like a personal guardian angel to everyone, working differently in each person. Its almost to hard to comprehend that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one together, but they are seperate. Its to hard for me because my brain is only human, I'll admit that.

:disaprove Please stop contradicting yourself...

You first say...

I promise not to intentionally flame in this thread.

then say...

but better than the average american.

*cough*

in other news...

Spelling is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Try telling that to my English teacher...:rolleyes:

Sorry Mand54, but looks like you are in a flame war too deep to crawl out of...best of luck :)

You could have just left the other thread and then made this thread.....

I think you've made a LOT of angry people by doing that.....you deleted that thread right after i'd spent 20 minutes typing a new response which never even got posted because you deleted it WHILE i was typing....that was really neat

And no, your spelling is NOT better than the average american.

And finally, we do have free will, seeya.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

And finally, we do have free will, seeya.

Ha ha ha ... that's what *you* think. I bet I'll see your butt in this thread again! :p

Seriously, about the spelling... I knew like...zero (0) people with dyslexia. Once I started posting on various international forums I've met 10.000 guys with that problem.(???)

Now...a cynical person would say that they're just too damn lazy to check their spelling, but..I dunno.

I mean...I'm finnish *and* drunk for christ sakes!

I write Finnish, Swedish and a bit of English as well, and if there is a word that I'm not sure how to spell I'll simply..

(wait for it...this is going to be a real surprise!)

*drumroll*

LOOK IT UP.

Yes: I'll look it up. It takes a fraction of a second.

If you're dyslexic, fine. It just seems to me that all posters who are less than 15 years old are dyslexic...or just damn lazy.

So the Holy Spirit is like "The Force"?

Cool!

With that, who needs Jesus? :p

------------------------

That said, deleting the other thread was a pretty bad move, M54. Not only did it cost some users quite a bit of posts and points, but it's also a very strange way to walk out of a thread. Next time, just ask an admin to close it.

Y'know guys, it seems that all we ever argue about here is Religion and Iraq. Every thread bordering just slightly on one of those topics always end up going completely off piste and into the same discussions we've had a zillion times. It begins to tire me, to say the least.

We could just as well just have two threads, one titled Religion, and the other The Iraq crisis/anti-Americanism. That way, people only looking to duke that out would stick to those two threads.

Since we're already off topic in this thread as well, should I just close it, or let it run its course (with what might follow)?

So the Holy Spirit is like "The Force"?

Cool!

With that, who needs Jesus? :p

Well thats why its hard for me to comprehend. :D Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are all one being but they are all different. God watches over EVERYTHING, he is the Creator of the universe (this is me speaking about my religion. :D ) Jesus is the Savior, he came down and died so that we may go to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is like our Guardian Angel thingy who is always with us. Thats about as best as I can explain it, maybe Obi will do it better. :D

Since we're already off topic in this thread as well, should I just close it, or let it run its course (with what might follow)?

Let it run its course. I am interested in Mandolorians reply and response to all of this. If things start getting ugly LATER, (:D ) then you may close it. (BTW, did I lose points AND posts after he deleated that thread?

Originally posted by Luc Solar

[bNow...a cynical person would say that they're just too damn lazy to check their spelling, but..I dunno.

I mean...I'm finnish *and* drunk for christ sakes!

[/b]

Now we have even more in common. When I am drunk I think I am Finnish.

You mean he deleted our points as well?!?!? Mandalorian you owe me like 30 points!

Since Mandalorian is nowhere to respond the Holy Spirit is the third part to the Holy Trinity. The trinity is the fusion of polytheism and monotheism into one. Some scholars believe it was a way to attract followers to the cause because many of people of old did not want to believe in one god so this was sort o like a compromise. Kind of like the 3/5 law enacted in this government back in the 1900s where black people only counted as 3/5 of a person for taxes and representaion. God is the leader. He is the main honcho. Jesus is Jesus and is like a messsenger to us from God that took human form so we could go to heaven. The Holy Spirit is the messenger of God. He goes down to earth and does most of the dirty work. Ever hear someone say, "He is filled with the Holy Ghost?" They don't say God because they are two different entities. This is not proven fact at all this is just what I choose to believe. There are many different opinions on this so I will not criticise anyone on these ideals.

Pope is Catholic and some people do not believe Catholics are true Christians and divide them in determining Christianity.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Ha ha ha ... that's what *you* think. I bet I'll see your butt in this thread again! :p

Oh i'm sure i'll be in this thread plenty.....the seeya at the end is not meant as an "I'm not coming back", it's a "I'm right and you're wrong, you're done" kinda thing ;)

As for dyslexia, I know a few kids who have dyslexia, and they actually spell alright, but that's because most people who have dyslexia try really hard to spell correctly because they don't want to look like an idiot.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Obi'll come up with something though. :D

Don't take this the wrong way, but please don't put me on a pedestal. I'm prone to make a mistake, just as every human. ;) I'll do my best to explain it, but it may not be good enough, I dunno, let's see. ;)

God is our Heavenly father, He watches out for us, cares for us, and gives us grace.

Jesus, his son, is the second of the holy trinity. Jesus came down and took one heckuva pounding, so that we would be healed and he died so we could be forgiven.

The holy ghost, is the third in the holy trinity. The holy ghost is not an actual "character," if you will, but instead, more of a feeling. When mourning the loss of a loved one, The holy ghost is what is there to comfort. (you must pray through tough times as this,mind you) When someone has the zeal, the heavy wanting, to go to church, that is the holy ghost in action. When you are sad or lonely, the holy ghost comes into play.

The holy ghost is the comforter and emotional of the holy trinity.

(Of course, this is all my opinion, but I believe it to be true. If you disagree, I don't care, I ain't goin to cast a spell on you or eat you or something.)

Er, I think I explained that good enough. ;)

I know you already said, “cheers all” about the Holy Spirit thing, but I didn’t get a chance to share yet:(

The best explanation is that the Holy Spirit is like the force. Jesus sent the HS when he returned to Heaven (after being raised from the dead) because he would not be with us anymore. Basically it acts as our guiding force if we let it flow through us (let the force flow through you.) But here’s the confusing part: The Holy Spirit is Jesus, and the Father for that matter. They are one and yet three entities. This is hard for us to comprehend because nothing that we know is one and three. Just like it’s hard for us to comprehend that God has no beginning because everything we have ever known has a beginning.

So, to sum up:

Father: The head, leader

Jesus: The part of God that we are meant to relate to because he was totally human

Holy Spirit: The Force (I like to call it the Holy Force)

Yet they are equal. Like men and women are equal and yet men lead women.

Originally posted by ioshee

Yet they are equal. Like men and women are equal and yet men lead women.

I am going to be a turd here. Where does the Bible say that men and women are equal? Were they all entitled to the same non-physical things (love, heaven, etc)? Yes they were. BUT BUT BUT Women in Catholocism cannot be priestesses. I know in Assemblies of God women pastors are rare and usually get jobs such as youth pastor and music teacher. In fact, women are not allowed to be deacons in most churches.

In the realm of almost all religion women are still on the lower rung. My college professor said (don't know if this is true) said that back in the day during the pagan reign there were all these cult type thingies where women were the head of religion being Priestess of the Flower or something. Since religion meant power men did not like it and create religions where they were in control.

I am not saying that women and men are not equal but how many times did you hear of women having concubine type people because their husband couldn't produce?

I am sure I am missing something and if I think about it then I will post it. If I need to make a thread about this as opposed to placing it here let me know. Just something more to talk about.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived