Home

WIP: Hindy`s Legolas

Hindy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CyBerNetiX: Thanx, getting a bit bogged down with unwrapping it at the mo as Ive never done it before. Hopefully Psynex` tut he is producing will help. I like his work and is very helpful in the General Editing section as is PsykOSith (always answering my Q's)

Higginson: Thanx as always...

SkiTzoGuy: Gimli, no plans for him... sorry but Gollum OH YES!!!. I loved Gollum in the books and even more so after Two Towers. Its so cool when he is speaking to himself whilst Frodo & Sam are sleeping.

The Gimli model looked almost complete last time I saw it... Forget the guys name but he had pics of it on his site with a young Anakin model

This is your first model? wow that is very good for a beginner, Look very good. Um just to let you know in advance, i think legolas had a darker color green on his cloak, But its your model you can do whatever you want with it. Im just saying what i remember.

CyBerNetiX: Yep first model, as for the colours I had just assigned flat base colours quickly to show where the model was heading but as yet I haven't done any solid textures as I ve gotta unwrap the whole model. Matt-Liell did the same thing as its easier to look at and distinguish different parts with a bit of colour than a single colour.

Plus I reworked the arm and knee sections on friday to match the root.xsi more closely. I also optimized the whole model slightly to get it below 2,500 poly mark.

Not really that much to do... I hope to finish unwrapping today, maybe tomorrow and then I ll start skinning then release it.

Could be out as early as end of next week!

*Oops!!!!! Must have hit the post reply button twice... Noticed CyberNetiX did it on another thread.*

Ok I may be talking to myself but if anyone is interested, I have some bad news...

On the previous post I stated that I was having trouble with my Planar map. Well PsykOSith looked over my mesh and said all the pivot points for every part of the mesh were messed up...

I now have to patch a model together... More or less from scratch.

Ok the problem is now sorted! just gotta unwrap Legolas again. Well I did unwrap him today but Psynex has sent word that his Tut on unwrapping is almost done and he is gonna send me a copy....

Hooray!!!!!!!!

Cheers Psynex

Ok Im gonna be skinning for the rest of the week...

I ve just been messing around with different techniques with tuts off the web.

Here is a quick head skin (literally 25 mins), nowhere near finished just thought I would make a quick post after all the troubles of last week.

test skin

C ya

Hi all,

A little update to let ya know where Im at with regards to skinning. The body is almost complete just got lighten the colours slightly as the Adobe Gammar on the pc I was using is up the creek.

My pc crashes everytime I plug in my graphic tablet which is pretty annoying and slows me down having to transport between two computers.

Also a couple of seams to sort other than that its just the head to finish

VERY, VERY GOOD. :D Finally, someone is skinning my favorite character from LotR and will start soon(Hopefully) on my other favorite character from LotR. Good luck on getting it working right in the game.

PS:Are you putting him in MP or SP form???

PPS:If you want to, I'll beta test him in SP

PPPS:Thnx for answering all my questions, it's hard to put up with a nOOb, so major thnx! :D

I just had an Idea. :confused: Is there any one that would do a saber mod that looked like one of those bad knives he uses in the movie.My other idea sounds pretty impossible:turn the wookie bowcaster into his bow and arrows. Just think, a hella good legolas model with his knife and even his bow and arrows...

Scouttrooper: Thanx, I haven't touched the skin colour yet as Im gonna do the head today. As for the wrinkles there are more in there but maybe to subtle so I will experiment with the contrast.

BongoBob: Thanx, no not a prob being a nOOb I appreciate the interest and feedback. Check frequently as I try to post regular updates. As for your questions...

1. To start with Legolas will be MP as it a university module so may not have time to do SP as well but he will be in SP maybe for the 1.0 release

2. As for testing it ll be a Beta release anyway so I can get as much feedback as possible.

3. No probs, Thanx for taking an interest

4. Dunno and a bit out of my league.

Archived