Home

WIP: Hindy`s Legolas

Hindy

Hi

Im currently making my first player model, which is also my first organic model as well.

The model is Legolas, to give Matt-Liells model a run for its money!!!!

I have more or less completed the head just finishing off the hair and have a basic body built with no detail.

This is a university module so hope it will be available for download within 4-5 weeks at the most...

I dont have any webspace at the mo so cant post any screens unless anyone would like to host them for the time being, ifso PM me and we ll sort something out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks im working on the body at the mo, i ll assign material ids and flat colour the model either tonight or tomorrow to show where im at....

1.)Which film would you like me to base Legolas on? I was leaning to TTT as Matt-Liell was using FOTR reference material

2.)Also I was planning on ditching the cape as seems like a waste of polgons which could be used to enhance detail.

Any thoughts welcomed.....

No offense to Matt-Liell intended, but I think your model will turn out better for one simple reason... Matt's model is based off the Exar Kun model with some modifications and a different head.

As such, your model will look more proportionally correct (Legolas is very slim, and Exar Kun is just too bulky to make a convincing Legolas, even with a good skin) and the face already bares a better likeness.

Looks good, the forehead either needs to have edges turned or more polys added (the weird crease on each side).

You might want to add a couple lights in the scene to see how the shadows look, modelling without lights can cause a few bad surprises in-game.

Keep it up!

Ok umm. his "rear-end" sticks out, like massively way too far. Also, his calves are really rounded, and his shins bend in too much. His lower back also arches in too far. And i dont know bout the rest of you, but IMO, the head is a tad too small for his body :)

Otherwise, lookin good!

yeah sorry needed a break from staring at the same model. Plus the release of Cm4 was a distraction. Im currently tweaking the clothing after sorting the body shape and proportions.

I ll post some pics prob on Monday... Cheers for askin

really nice indeed. i was showing your model to a friend of mine because in his younger dungions and dragons days, he always played elves. and we both think your model is pritty much almost identicle to the movie.

Archived