Home

WIP: Hindy`s Legolas

Hindy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerocool: If you mean skinning, well...

Body (torso, hips, arms, legs & hands) 90% finished, gotta whack skin texture on hands and tweak the body. By adding a few more creases here and there and sorting the contrast.

Head is probably 50%, the face is getting there. The face has some things I wanna change ( i ll post pics soon). I ve gotta reunwrap the hair as i did it half arsed, wont take long. Then texture hair... been experimenting with hair sort of got a technique now.

I want to finish skinning tomorrow

*Hindy sets himself a strict deadline!*

Here are some head WIP skins. I mentioned in previous post Im gonna re-unwrap the hair cos it looked cack from the front but spot on from the side.

Legolas1

Legolas2

I need to tone down the lips, maybe make slightly bigger. Tweak the brows as they appear too ridged and redo the hair.

Is it me or does he look a tad sad?

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Originally posted by Hindy

Im gonna re-unwrap the hair cos it looked cack from the front

LMAO!! i love the word cack, just makes me crack up. this model and skin is coming along very nicely, good job hindy, cant wait for the release.

Ok im finished skinnind for now anyway... I have to finish this by next wed at the latest so Im gonna get it in game then reskin it.

Well here it is

Legolas01

Legolas02

Ignore the colour differences and seams thats just where the model is segmented.

*Where im at now, weighting the mesh with just the torso and head to go*

Ok what I m gonna redo or keep...

Im pleased with (therefore keeping)...

Boots, Legs, Wrist things, Face (although may work into more), Embroidery (took ages drawing, but its worth it) and Arms.

What i will reskin....

Hair ( it has detail but the tones r too close 2 each other)

Tunic (Looks to flat coloured)

Body (Same as above)

Quiver (gotta add embroidery but may be left out all together)

Clean up seams...

Ok a little update.

I successfully compiled my Legolas.glm last night and at present I am attemting to get the skins on him.

PsykOSith is also having a go for me in case I couldn't do it. So it shouldn't be too long now

Ok I got the skins on the model and its plain to see where they could be improved!

I have some issues with clipping and a floating hand so I have a thread on General Editing in which I have some questions regarding the problems.

It has some pics too!!!!

thread

Ok boys & girls... I couldn't access the forum earlier, which was a pain as I wanted to tell ya its more or less finished.

I ve been playing with it all afternoon! Marveling at my creation...

I even reskinned him last night and this morn, want some pics? Here you go...

Reskin01

Reskin02

*Note since this morn I have also adjusted the skin tone, so its not so yellow*

Ok peeps, I just submitted the file to JK2 files so it should be available soon. In the meantime here is a screen of Legolas in helms deep to wet your appetite.

Screen

Please forgive the low quality jpeg. So as far as im concerned its released... Im gonna have a break now

Bye

Thanx to everyone who has been interested in this thread as it has kept me motivated over the past weeks.

Also I want like to thank PsykOSith for all his and support over on general editing when I ran in troubles.

Overall this project has ran pretty smoothly and 3ds max was surprisingly easy to get to grips with. Where does Hindy go from here? I hear u ask (or maybe not!)... Well i hope to start my new project on 22/05, Im torn between making LOTR TTT Gollum or Futurama Bender.

I really got the urge to model Bender last week when I was watchin Futurama :D

Archived