Home

Which weapons from previous games would you like to see in JK3?

Belgirion

Which weapons from the other DF games would you like to see in JK3?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which weapons from the other DF games would you like to see in JK3?

• Fists
    • Sequencer charges (JK mines)
    • Heavy Repeater (JO version)
    • Imperial Repeater (JK version)
    • Disruptor
    • Fusion Cutter (from Dark Forces)
    • Rail Detonator
    • Concussion Rifle
    • Dark Trooper Assault Rifle (the official name escapes me)
    • Other/Specify

It's fun to play with missiles. I had a match in the duel of the fates map, you both have a goal and one fires a missle and the oither must push it back. Then you push it etc. I think we managed to push it like 10 times in a row, maybe even more :D It's great fun for a while ;)

Oh and yes I want a bigger blaster rifle in JO, not the stupid flechette etc... And the concussion rifle is great to, way better than the rocket launcher...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JO is in the post-Imperial era, so I'm not sure what enemies we'll be facing...certainly some sorts of mercenaries/Outer Rim lowlifes, plus whoever's chugging out new Dark Jedi. The Jedi have sabers, duh, but you need a host of other weapons. Think about where these weapons would come from: If it's mercs, then they're either publically available weapons or black-market. Publically available basically means the whole host of blasters, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy blasters, sniper blasters, assault blasters, E-Webs, (please include stun settings), you all know em. Now, the black market is where things get interesting...concussion rifles, defininitely! Plus things referenced in the EU like several types of disruptor weapons (rifles, pistols), sniper weapons, ion cannons, vibroblades (knives, swords, axes), various industrial tools (one book I read included a small cutting tool that was, essentially, a millimeter-diameter finger-long lightsaber), and some projectile weapons. I don't think the projectile weapons are *particularly* "Star-warsy, but then again, rocket-propelled devices are a very sensible way to deliver an explosive weapon, so keep the Merr-Sonn or some variant. The repeater is okay, maybe replace it with a repeating *blaster,* and the secondary fire certainly makes things interesting. Mines/det packs are also especially useful in some occasions, and we ALL know about--"he's holding a THERMAL DETONATOR!" the only weapon that really pestered me was the DF mortar launcher. Ick, unfitting in SW AND useless.

All these weapons will have to have SOME weakness against a force/saber-wielder, after all, Jedi *are* uber in the SW universe. However, they can be taken down. That's why we need such a range of weapons to oppose them: Jedi have to be fast, but also be able to adjust their tactics to suit the battle and the enemy weapons used--and so should we, in the game. We also should be able to use those enemy weapons to our advantage.

One thing I want to know is if we'll be limited in the amount of weapons we can carry. Say the game includes 20 weapons, will we only be able to carry 5 at once? Even though it's fun, I find it slightly unrealistic to watch in 3rd-person as my character reaches down to his hip to holster his blaster pistol, and then from the holster pulls a freaking BAZOOKA. :) We should have some weapon limit, or better yet, a wieght factor, and be able to choose our equipment, choose what to pick up and what to drop.

Originally posted by wedge2211

One thing I want to know is if we'll be limited in the amount of weapons we can carry. Say the game includes 20 weapons, will we only be able to carry 5 at once? Even though it's fun, I find it slightly unrealistic to watch in 3rd-person as my character reaches down to his hip to holster his blaster pistol, and then from the holster pulls a freaking BAZOOKA. :) We should have some weapon limit, or better yet, a wieght factor, and be able to choose our equipment, choose what to pick up and what to drop.

Well, in the PCGamer article they mentioned that you'll be able to choose your weapons between missions...which to my mind means they will be restricting the number of weapons you can carry.

Personally I'm still waiting to see my character actually carrying the weapons in 3rd person. They got around this in EF by using a 'transporter buffer', but that doesn't really cut any ice in this kind of game. All they have to do is have sticky guns on the hip and across the back, IMHO. If RUNE can do it, surely they can do it for JA...

Guest Krayt Tion

Bring back the fists, replace secondary fire on stormie rifle w/ blue stun.

JO's weapon set was so disappointing overall.

Agree 100% with the trite generic feel of the axis of evil ;) essentially grenade launchers, rocket launcher and flak cannon. Been there. Done that. So very poor.

Any big gun from JK would be better than Raven's offerings last time around. Sticking rails and shootings conc was much more entertaining.

Hate to piss in anyone's cheerios but it looks like they're bringing back the entire old weapon set plus 2 new ones. Removing old weapons means that they admit the error of their ways, afterall.

Can't say I'm expecting anything great this time around.

:giveup:

For me it's a tough chooice between the Concussion Rifle [JK], Assault Cannon [DF] and the Sequence Charges [i have found memories in JK MP where I would stick a charge onto a wall, run backwards, then sprinting towards it and just before it blows jump so that I fly backwards for mile and miles due to the impact].

Fists have the most votes.....

Tell me what are u guys gonna do with fists?

How do u think u are gonna hit something with that?

Just like in UT, u know that melee weapon? wich u had to load. That was crap and i think so will fists be if Raven is really gonna make them. Especially in MP

Promo

Pleeeeease no martial arts... Kicking is fun (and we're going to have it properly implemented in JA, looking at the screens, yay! :D) and fists would be nice too (though I'll never use them), but hey, that's enough. I'd rather have Raven focussing on improving saber battle than adding extra fancy martial arts moves :rolleyes:

slet... :p

ph34r my L337 glowing name :p

And let's not get offtopic, or this thread will be closed :eek:

BTW, do you think fists are usefull, compared to the lightsaber?? They have limited range and you can only use them when not holding your lightsaber (well you could punch with left :rolleyes: )... It would be useless to switch to fists and then deliver a punch, then switch back to your lightsaber and fight :rolleyes:

And I'd rather not have ppl using only fists and kicks, that would be very boring and not very SW like :(

Originally posted by HertogJan

BTW, do you think fists are usefull, compared to the lightsaber?? They have limited range and you can only use them when not holding your lightsaber (well you could punch with left :rolleyes: )... It would be useless to switch to fists and then deliver a punch, then switch back to your lightsaber and fight :rolleyes:

And I'd rather not have ppl using only fists and kicks, that would be very boring and not very SW like :(

I would like to have punches and kicks incorporated into lightsaber fights, like in the movies. I know what you are saying about punches being the least effective of the weapons, but they could be useful in certain situations...

Archived