Home

Present JK2 Models be able to be ported to JA

The Count

Originally posted by Toonces

Yeah, alough I'd bet that the segmentation would stay the same, along with the skeleton, but who knows what tags they may add, or what extra things we'll be able to do with the engine.

They should put something to make all the jk2 models into the jk3 game.. That would not be good if they didn't... Like a lot of people have been waiting for plo koon to come out for jk2, if there wasn't a format for jk3 to convert all the jk2 models in jk3 then that would be very bad.. cause then all that time making Plo Koon would be for nothing.. unless people like jk2 better then jk3... It just a suggestion or a thought

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

I want to try to make sure we release the details about what model-makers need to do to get their JK2 custom models to work in the new game (including, if necessary, releasing some tools a little early to make it so that modders can have their custom models ready-to-play by the time the game hits the shelves).

;)

Originally posted by Emon

I doubt they would change the model format itself much, but I know they've changed the GHOUL2 system.

Conversion probably involves new segments or bones or something simple like that.

According to Michael Chang Gummelt, they've made some changes:

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Along these lines, I'm keeping in mind that a lot of people have made a lot of custom player and saber models and I want to make sure that those are still usable in the new game. Unfortunately, to optimize some things and to add certain features (and to make it more mod-friendly), we did make some changes to the model format.

Archived