Home

Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny

ATMachine

For those of you who don't know:

Apparently, LucasArts wanted to produce an Indy adventure after Fate of Atlantis, and the "Spear of Destiny" was the artifact they chose to focus on. This is what the talk of an "all-new adventure" at the end of Fate of Atlantis referred to.

However, for some reason the game was cancelled, perhaps with the decline of the adventure market in the mid-1990s.

The game definitely was worked on - employee Greg Robles mentioned it in the Anecdotes section on the 20th Anniversary page.

Does anyone know anything about it besides that?

I'd love to hear any juicy details about the gameplay and stuff.

I seem to remember reading that the next Indy adventure after FoA was supposed to follow Young Indy. Didn't the ending text say something like "Indy in an all new adventure... in a younger form" or something also?

The ending text said "....perhaps as a much younger man." They left a loophole in case they decided not to have Indy as a youngster after all.

I read an interview at TheRaider.net with the Indiana Jones novelist Max McCoy. He said that he'd wanted to do a Spear of Destiny novel but couldn't because "a Lucasfilm-licensed comic book (and later, a video game) used the Spear as part of the plot." We've seen the comic, but no game ever came to the public.

I personally don't know if Spear of Destiny was to have a young Indy or not, but I do know that Indy was an adult in the Spear of Destiny comic. Perhaps we could ask people like Greg Robles, who obviously knew something about the game.

• 4 weeks later...

No, no and no. The game wasn't made. They decided not to make it before starting, all that could exist is a basic plot-line and maybe (maybe) some very early concept art. But even that's unlikely.

hmmm i too would like to hear more about this game

but i think they went with making the comic of it instead:

[align=center]Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny[/align]

spear_1.jpgspear_2.jpgspear_3.jpgspear_4.jpg

all made in 1995, im gonna go check Ebay if i can find any of these

Originally posted by LucasTones

*sigh*

comics...

hey i like comics....im a collector, doesnt mean im a nerd either i just enjoy storyboards

BM: That's the coolest avatar ever!!

Where did you get it?

~ John

made it, form the music video Can't Stop by the red hot chili peppers

Archived