Home

New Force Powers?

Himmler1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Jedi Mind Trick in JKII, but would also love a new Persuasion form, where you become 'invisible' if you also walk.

Also, I would like some way to choose a level of power that is applied, and if it is lower than my current rank, the force cost would be reduced. For instance - if I had mind trick level 3 and only wanted to use level 1, I could do it at almost no force cost, so I could then use other powers as well.

Just a thought ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I love Jedi Mind Trick in JKII, but would also love a new Persuasion form, where you become 'invisible' if you also walk.

Also, I would like some way to choose a level of power that is applied, and if it is lower than my current rank, the force cost would be reduced. For instance - if I had mind trick level 3 and only wanted to use level 1, I could do it at almost no force cost, so I could then use other powers as well.

Just a thought ...

Mike

i never thought of that but yeah that makes alot of sense

alot of times it can be overkill to use the mind trick full power or something on just one guy when all you need is to get passed him unseen without him following you

on second thought i dont think you have any reason to get passed him so lets just kill him instead :p

Well here are my thoughts

Force Destruction: I don't understand where people are getting the idea its not star wars. Yeah, it does sound like Dragon Ball Z fire balls and stuff, but think about it. Its a ball of pure hate! What better emphasises the dark side then pure hate? Also, its not like you face dark jedi's on a regular basis in the star wars universe and the expanded universe. (Darth Maul, Vader, Dooku, the Emperor, and in the expanded universe that guy who got the Sun Crusher). I think with a graphical improvement, Force Destruction can find its place.

Force Throw: It was annoying in jk, but it can work and should be included.

Dark Sight: It makes sense, its useful, and it is fairly in tune with the dark side. How this didn't make it into JO is beyond me.

Force Scan?: There should be some kind of force ability to allow you to see the current status of your opponent (Hp and Shields). It would be fairly useful and be good for the light side.

Force Light: Another annoying power from jk, but I think it can work. It just should do something more then make the moniter go white (maybe you are forced to cover your eyes for a few seconds).

Well those are my thoughts.

force absorb should be fixed as well. releasticly speaking it should absorb not only the force but any other energy form as well, to an extent which is determined by the skill of the jedi using it, not only that but the energy absorbed gives a temporary but extremely powerful power boost. the catch to that is the fact that few jedi ever develop that ability. its a rare talent. while i can see how they toned it down majorly for the game, it should be somewhat releastic i think. they could probably set a time limit for each of the different skill levels and all energy absorbed fills ur force meter and since its a force power it can temprorarily take ur force meter above its limit giving the user a littl mroe force. but like i said fairly short time limits. if u want an example of how the releastic power can be so powerful, it is rare after all, here it is: lets say two master jedi are fighting. one is knocked to the ground loses his lightsaber. while hes down his opponent stabs his light saber down into the fallen jedi's chest. well then the fallen jedi uses absorb and sucks the energy right out fo the lightsaber, the oppenets lightsaber than stops working because all energy has been sucked out of it. the added energy allows the fallen jedi to live longer than most jedi in that situation. the fallen jedi uses his power boost to lift his opponent in the air and proceeds to crush his opponents body. the oppenents dead but the fallen jedi now dies because all power is used up and its was a death blow.

Originally posted by Shadoer

Well here are my thoughts

Force Throw: It was annoying in jk, but it can work and should be included.

Definitely one I hope they work on. Gives more interaction with the environment, which is always a good thing, IMO.

Force Scan?: There should be some kind of force ability to allow you to see the current status of your opponent (Hp and Shields). It would be fairly useful and be good for the light side.

I like this ... I've always had the desire for 'force sight' or 'sense', so that you could come to a wall, and it would look like the MP 'Jedi Master' mode, where you can see the JM through walls, or you'd at least sense where enemies were. This is different, and I think it would be useful. Deus Ex had it, and I like it - no 'boss bar', just a way to check enemies & allies using the force.

Maybe ... also NPC Heal on your allies - use your force power to heal them.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I like this ... I've always had the desire for 'force sight' or 'sense', so that you could come to a wall, and it would look like the MP 'Jedi Master' mode, where you can see the JM through walls, or you'd at least sense where enemies were. This is different, and I think it would be useful. Deus Ex had it, and I like it - no 'boss bar', just a way to check enemies & allies using the force.

Maybe ... also NPC Heal on your allies - use your force power to heal them.

Mike

You mean a way to predict that an enemy is closing?

Jedi Sense sounds like it could be a cool addition to the game. Let's hope the devs think so too... :thumbsup: The potential problem is how they could implement it without unbalancing part of the gameplay. If the power were to go up in levels...perhaps you just get a hint that something is wrong at the lowest level, while the highest level allows you to perceive danger through walls...

When I thinking about balancing vs. implementing these things, I think about how it is that my 5 and 6.5 year old boys, who are Purple and Green belts in Karate, and each the senior student in their age group, can barely to carry their dinner plates and cups to the sink without a mishap ...

I really want some type of sense for SP ... but it falls into that balancing stack of things ...

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

KOTOR has a Force Whirlwind ability. It would be an interesting idea in Jedi Academy; perhaps it could capture projectiles and even Force Lightning. :)

It would be great to have Force Throw, Deadly Sight, and Force Destruction in Jedi Academy.

Originally posted by Smood

That is not force. That was simply because he has heavy gloves, the blaster cant penetrate it. Heck a little jab from luke with his saber only scratched vader's armor, but it was more glancing so....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....im sorry but as an extreme star wars geek who has read the books and seen the original trilogy, the special edition trilogy, episodes 1 and 2 millions of times im sorry sorry sorry i dont usually flame but OMFG OMFG OMFG...Vader was so attuned with the dark side of the force that he had the ability to channel aggressive energy (the blaster bolt) into his own energy making him more powerful. Unfortunately he wasn't a sith master so he was unable to deal with the amount of power he was undertaking by the emperor's lightning. The saber attack that Luke made was a ***** one at best. Blue stance moron! LoL :D

Am I the only one for more passive abilities?

Force Speed: Actually increases your speed as long as you have points in it.

Force Jump: Duh!

Force Strength: Adds damage to your attacks.

Force Balance: Helps combat against knockdown-attacks.

Force Resistance: Reduces damage from grip/lightning etc...

Can't think of any others right now...

As for normal force powers:

Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style. Everything in a radius, say 4 feet at first level, 6 feet at second, and 8 at third, slow down. Attacks slow down, movement slows down, blaster shots slow down etc... This would be very neat, and would also work due to having a limited radius. Anything outside the radius would move at normal speed, it would have to cost a great deal of mana, or cost like 1 point a second or something.

I love that telekinises idea.

Force Knockdown: Knocks a person off his/her feet.

Force Disarm: Makes a person kneel for a certain amount of time, disabling him from blocking and attacking.

That's all for now!

We already have that. It's called...force speed. :confused:

We already have that. It's called...force jump. :confused:

We already have that. It's called...force rage. :confused:

Ehhh...when would you use this? Keep it on 24/7 draining your force pool just for the sake of not being knocked down so easily if someone happens to try something that might knock you down?

We already have that. It's called...force protect. :confused:

Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style.

So you'd have 16 people all "slowing down everyone" so that as a result everyone would be moving at 1/4 of the speed they usually do? And the radius-thing would probably make the whole game a slow, lagging hell.. :(

And this would be force number 27 you got mapped on your keyboard performing the exact same thing that force push or pull or kicking sometimes do....except if the opponent is using force 'balance' or absorb.

Force Disarm: Makes a person kneel for a certain amount of time, disabling him from blocking and attacking.

Kneeling for a certain amount of time?? So I could run around the map with my rocket launcher and everyone would kneel in front of me for 5-10 seconds accepting a rocket or a saber in their face?

Somehow I doubt that would work out. ;)

As for telekinesis: it won't make it into SP. :( That's the impression I got from the trailer. Damn..

(If you were talking about force that actually affect your character passively...as in "adds to his physical pre-game" abilities, forget all I said. :) )

As a followup to my last post! I don't know, if a mechanical arm is a part of the force, but Joruus C'Baoth said, in "Dark Force Rising", that droids wasn't a part of the Force. If Vader's arm ins't a part of the Force, he couldn't block the shots with his hand with the help of the Force!

I would like telekinesis so much...LUCASARTS LISTEN TO MY PLEA!!!:D

Which Forcepowers did we see in the trailer apart from lightning?

Am I the only one for more passive abilities?

Heheh

As for the knockdown, I think it should only target 1 player, and cost a respective amount of force, don't know how much but it could be defined after testing.

As for the slow thing, well that doesn't lag that much, when you consider it's actually easier for the engine to render things going slower than it is faster, considering it has to do less calculations in a given time ;)

The Jedi Sense would not stack, so you wouldn't have some areas going at 1/16 because of overlapping jedi senses being used.

Force balance would also be a deturrent against force disarm.

Force disarm would also be a single target thing, like grip/force knockdown.

I'll re-list my force power suggestions ;)

PASSIVES:

NORMAL FORCE POWERS:

Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style. Everything in a radius, say 4 feet at first level, 6 feet at second, and 8 at third, slow down. Attacks slow down, movement slows down, blaster shots slow down etc... This would be very neat, and would also work due to having a limited radius. Anything outside the radius would move at normal speed, it would have to cost a great deal of mana, or cost like 1 point a second or something.

Force Telekinises: Ability to move objects(people maybe? people like grip without damage?)around, and in the air, and throw them at enemies.

You should also keep in mind that in 99% of the future JA servers you will be kicked & banned for using something as lame as "knockdown".

I mean...who'd be dishonourable enough to hit a player when they're down on the ground??? It's not like that that would be the whole point in making someone fall, right? :rolleyes:

Ok. I'm off to look for a FFA server where you're allowed to actually shoot people with the guns. See you in 2010! ;)

Archived