Home

New Force Powers?

Himmler1

i dunno if its in jkII because i have yet to finish it, but, i want to be able to Force grip someone raise them into the air an throw them agianst the wall, or over a catwalk,

in jkii can you force grip raise the target and like move so hes hanging off the edge of something and let go?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iceman87

i know its force grip, i have only gotten it to lift tem in the air and choke them to death, which cis funny to fo to Reborns btw, but i meant, can you manipulate them, move them while they are in the air?

You're playing SP, aren't you? When you get to level 3 Force Grip...you can do exactly what you are asking. Grip them, toss them around a bit (including banging them into walls) and then letting them go over a looooong drop. :)

I imagine it will be the same in JA. ;)

Yeah I like lifting stormies up in the air and then SMASHING them on the ground, mwuahahahaa!! Grip is the ultimate show-off intimidating power :D

In multiplayer you can't damage ppl (at leats not that I noticed) by smashing 'em into a wall or something :(

It's utterly stupid (but apparently official) that Count Dooku's cape (his friggin' CAPE) is "resistant to lightsabers"...

If they can make a danged cape resistant 20-30 years in the past, surely they can make an expensive suit for Vader with gloves that are resistant.

Of course they didn't say HOW resistant, and in the EU we have "cortosis" so who knows....

I wouldn't expect Vader to be any tougher than anyone else though, unless he was an enemy in the game (doubtful since he's been dead a long time).

Frankly, the way the "combined powers" were shown in JK/MotS was right up my alley, so this is something I'm looking forward to.

The only trick is having ENOUGH MANA to do all of them. Will there be a Force Surge more like JK/MotS? 'Cause if not, those pathetic Force Boons aren't going to give us much "combo" time unless the powers use less mana....

Which also brings up.. are they talking SP or MP? Because in JK2 SP you could combine some powers that you couldn't in MP (both due to lack of mana and they just plain wouldn't let you, like Grip+saber throw).

Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon

As a followup to my last post! I don't know, if a mechanical arm is a part of the force, but Joruus C'Baoth said, in "Dark Force Rising", that droids wasn't a part of the Force. If Vader's arm ins't a part of the Force, he couldn't block the shots with his hand with the help of the Force!

I would like telekinesis so much...LUCASARTS LISTEN TO MY PLEA!!!:D

Which Forcepowers did we see in the trailer apart from lightning?

Force Push. As for Telekinesis... why is there such powers as: Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and for people, Force Grip.

You won't be needing telekinesis. It's more of a Magic Power. And since when did we see Force Telekinesis in the films?

And for the Droids thing, remember what Obi-Wan once said, ' The force is binded together by all LIVING things'. Droids are not living. At http://www.swgalaxies.net some guy asked if you will ever be able to be a droid in Galaxies, and the person who replied pretty much said 'being a droid would be unfair for the droid player, because people could buy you, droids are not at all wise, only clever, unless you think of 8t88, and droids couldn't be a jedi, because the force binds all LIVING things.

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X

As for Telekinesis... why is there such powers as: Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and for people, Force Grip.

You won't be needing telekinesis. It's more of a Magic Power. And since when did we see Force Telekinesis in the films?

The whole point with telekinesis is moving OBJECTS. Not just pushing and pulling them without any control. In JO push/pull only (except the few puzzles in SP) only worked on enemies. They're both still needed, 'cause they could be combined with telekinesis to give more momentum to whatever you're moving *and* they work on players as well.

Think of it as "Grip that affects objects". Not players, only objects.

And I don't think I have seen any SW movie ever where they wouldn't have used "telekinesis". Every time they move something with with the force = telekinesis. Luke and C3PO. Luke and R2D2. Luke & the X-wing. Yoda and the X-wing. Dooku and the roof + the stuff on the walls + the huge thing that almost crushed Obi & Anakin. And Yoda, naturally, did the same to all those objects. Vader throwing debris at Luke etc. etc. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.

IMO we should be asking: "Why on earth can I toss players around by CHOKING them?!"

Grip is ok. Pull/push are ok. Force throw kinda sucks. It was not a well thought-out force power.

There are lot of threads about telekinesis already, so I won't repeat that again. Do a search and you'll find the rest of the arguments that make the power a MUST.

...too bad they won't implement it, though.. :D

By the way - any new info on the force powers?? We got grip, lightning saber throw and push, but what else?

I'd really like to see some improvement on the Force skills in JA.

JO had some nice new features, like the improvements and how they incorporated jump, along with throw, lightsaber defense and offense. But there were some that I just found as stupid that I never used. Like "Teal Heal" or whatever its called... I still don't even know what it really does.

I'd like to see the rebirth of some of the CLASSIC powers. I'd do anything for some good old Persuasion, Blinding, and Destruction. I mean, those were some of the coolest skills you could find. I remember how great it was when you got someone with Blinding and you knew all they saw on their screens was a big white screen. =D Its not an official cool Jedi power unless it pisses off your opponent. :)

Even Mysteries of the Sith had a couple of skills that had potential. You could make Projection into a really fun skill with a little work. I mean, using that in multiplayer rocked. Simply just took out your fists and then made some replicas of yourself. Your opponent didn't know which was the right one until it was too late :) Far Sight could be made cool too...

Anyway, thats just my two cents...

I SAY BOOOOOOOOOO at the new standard issuing of the double bladed sabre!! LUCAS ARTS HAVE BROUGHT UNREALISM TO THE GAME! there will be servers with 99% of jedi using them. bah! answer, how many jedi have u seen in the whole starwars saga that use them?? answer: ONE!! i agree that its bloody awesome! but i think that they shouldn't make it better than single bladed or put some disadvantages on it so it only suits certain styles of play

also double sabres are cool..... but again i still think for the SW tradition the majority should use single bladed. altho myself my fav is double, i think it dumb that it become so standard :(

Originally posted by Rockstar

LUCAS ARTS HAVE BROUGHT UNREALISM TO THE GAME!

Wow! I didnt know that space travel and lightsabers and blaster rifles and hyperdrives and rancors were REAL!!!

Wow! Sweet! Cool!

/end sarcasm

Anyway, I think this will be a step in the good path. Double lightsabers probably will have a huge disavantage. Like, super slow movement.

It'd go something like this for the lightsabers.

1 Saber- Can use all force powers, no disavantage, but does the least damage.

2 Saber - Does twice the damage of 1 sabers, but cannot use forcepowers while equiped.

Dual-Saber - Does the same damage as 2 saber, and can use force-powers, but everytime you swing you slow down

That'd be pretty fair (Maybe it'd also cost more points for them(like, 0 points for 1 saber, 5 for dual, 8 for 2).

Originally posted by GreenDevil

Like "Teal Heal" or whatever its called... I still don't even know what it really does.

You mean Team Heal? It heals your team mates in a team game. Never used it though.

I'd like to see the rebirth of some of the CLASSIC powers. I'd do anything for some good old Persuasion, Blinding, and Destruction.

IMHO blinding was the worst force power ever (and useless if the other adjusted his monitor settings, I heard). The only "classic" thing about it was that it annoyed the hell out of people. :D

Didn't really like destruction either. Or deadly sight. Seemed way too... "consoleish" to me.

I hope they'll keep it simple. Perhaps get rid of heal and drain-kind of hp-regenerating powers...I never liked those in MP. Bactas and powerups are quite enough.

IMHO blinding was the worst force power ever (and useless if the other adjusted his monitor settings, I heard). The only "classic" thing about it was that it annoyed the hell out of people.

Oh man! You just never lived! Blinding was my favorite skill. Whenever I played with my friends I just kept blinding them, and watched as they ran into walls as I chopped them to death :)

I guess I can see how people wouldn't like it though.

I liked Persuasion a lot more in JK, Mind Trick just doesn't do it for me.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Wow! I didnt know that space travel and lightsabers and blaster rifles and hyperdrives and rancors were REAL!!!

Wow! Sweet! Cool!

/end sarcasm

Rockstar was not speaking of story components. He was speaking of realistic feel. He was speaking on the fact that having 100 people named UBER JEDI running from side to side frantically waving a double bladed saber around senselessly without skill or precision would be STUPID.

AND I must say I agree. Finally someone strikes home with an argument.

Originally posted by Smood

He was speaking on the fact that having 100 people named UBER JEDI running from side to side frantically waving a double bladed saber around senselessly without skill or precision would be STUPID.

AND I must say I agree. Finally someone strikes home with an argument.

True, but in any game that allows the player more choices, you're bound to get some silly situations, and overuse of particular features, especially in the early stages.

It's really up to the players to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen, IMHO. Because to my mind it would be even more stupid if Raven imposed some kind of restriction about how many players used X, Y, Z sabers and other weapons. That might be appropriate for the Siege mode...but not for the other game modes.

Originally posted by Smood

I do know they are foolishly progressing further, and further away from the movies with the addition of all these crazy jedi abilities (COMBINING POWERS, urgh).

And conversely their STAR WARS revenues decline :). I see a correlation do you?

You are a bloody idiot, for dismissing a game as **** before you've even played it, go to hell.

Many things could go wrong with the force. What I am worried about is spamming. The force powers should be designed so that you can use them once for the full effect and then wait instead of using them like some kind of gun.

The saber combat might also be spammed with dual and double-bladed sabers. Here is my solution:

Single Blade: Defense Point Range 1-5

Offense Point Range 1-5

Double Blade: Defense Point Range 1-5

Offense Point Range 5-10

Dual Blades: Defense Point Range 5-10

Offense Point Range 1-5

The idea is that double bladed lightsaber is easier to use for defense while the dual blades are easier to use for attack. All force powers would still be available, but they might be reduced in strength according to your preferences on offensive and defensive skill.

I'm not sure you said what you wanted to, I think some very interesting additions would be to have a single handed saber style, for one saber only, that would have reduced damage, but you could use force while attacking!

I believe you were trying to say above:

1 hilt two blades(Darth Maul style): high defense, normal offense, reduced speed.

Single saber: All force powers, normal speed, normal offense, normal defense.

Two sabers, two hilts, one in each hand: High offense, low defense, increased speed, no force powers (no hand to do it with!)

random thoughts:

some sort of Force Shockwave that pushed people out from around you would be cool (L1 just pushes them back, L2 sends them flying, L3 also does damage), kind of an unfocused force push.

i never liked blinding or deadly sight, sucky powers, but destruction looked good in the cutscene, it just sucked as a small ball in the actual game engine... is should slowly build up in your hand until it is released, then be a massive stream of fury... (maybe black rather than yellow). and maybe with a risk of overload.

Force Ysalimari (or maybe another name :D ) - creates an area around you where the force doesn't work, also drains all your powers

Force Taint: Taints the target with the wrong "type" of force... meaning when they use their force powers they take damage.

How about a verson of force throw where you activate it on the item (rubble, barrel etc..) and it hovers near you a bit like a training remote (all the while draining force power), then when you release the button it flies out at wherever you are aiming?

however vader did it, a power that made a short lived shield infront of you would be cool (Requiem had a power like this that was cool, only lasted a few seconds)

Telekenesis is cool, but how would you control an item in 3 dimensions at the same time as controling your character? that is why it has been split into discrete powers...

Meditate! Meditate! Meditate!

id like to say thanks to Smood!

about the sarcasm about the realness of SW.... ofcoarse its fiction!! but if people don't want the game accurate to the myth im gonna make a light power called "force GOOD" and what that does it means any dark jedi can only reduce a good one to 1HP but cannot kill because evil can't win?? that sounds cool huh??

duh! if you don't want a game that has realism of SW go play SOF2! the single bladed sabre should be the most popular in the server!! only about a quarter of the players should have the other 2 alternatives... sad when we see all these sad little darth maul wannabes filling our servers *shakes head grinning*

anyways. WHO HERE AGREES THAT THE LIGHT POWERS NEED TO BE IMPROVED???? AND WHY?

Archived