Home

Your favourite Comics?

StormHammer

Seeing a stack of some of my wife's old comics sitting in the corner inspires me to ask everyone what their favourites are. She was seriously into Superman, the League of Justice, Daredevil and Green Lantern.

Personally, I used to read a lot of Spiderman, The Hulk, and Iron Man in my youth. About ten years ago I got heavily into Nemesis The Warlock which was a spinoff of 2000AD - I just loved the artistic style and humourous writing.

More recently I started collecting the Star Wars comics (based on Episode I), which I've since handed on to my eldest son, and some of the X-Files comics are still sitting on my shelf. I seem to go more for the graphic novel style these days, which are largely comics brought together in a novel format - there are quite a few Tales Of The Jedi and others in my meagre, paltry collection. There's a lot of dynamic action in those, which I prefer.

What comics do you like, and why? Are there any really good series going at the moment that a golden oldbie like me can get my teeth into? :D

I've never got into comics. Only comics I used to read were the free Star Wars comics inside the official Star Wars magazines - they had a new one each month, I remember one was about Boba Fett tracking down his imposter, Jodo Kast, that was awesome. So was the Dash Rendar ones. That was about it for me, unfortunately.

I used to real A LOT of Excalibur, but I've given up comics a while ago. Occasionaly I go and buy some Dark Horse comic's, (the star wars ones, duh!). My favorite series of theirs was the "Empire" one. I have been keeping up with "Infinites", though.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Well, I never really got into the comic comic books but I LOVE Calvin & Hobbes and Garfield.

To bad Bill Watterson stopped makin Calvin and Hobbes. :(

Heh...I used to have a small (like A5 landscape) book of Calvin and Hobbes. I remember it was quite good. Damned if I know what happened to that...I know I don't have it anymore.

cksaber...is Infinities any good?

Agen....I can't say I ever read Beano. I remember Whizzer and Chips and Cor...and that's probably before your time. ;) Oh yeah...I used to collect the revitalised Dan Dare comics before they turned to garbage and got canned....heady memories. ;)

spider-man was, is and always will be my favorite comic, (batman second)

my favorite spider-man issues are the venom & carnage story. which rumor has it that spider-man 3 will be based on

*does a little dance*

:D

Star Wars: Infinities, is probably the BEST EU out there. It really puts a twist on the OT plot's, and makes it it's own. There is a set for each OT episode. It changes things around, for instance making Luke miss his target, not destroying the Death Star. It creates new possibilities, and some of the twists will leave your mouth hanging open.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Star Wars: Infinities, is probably the BEST EU out there. It really puts a twist on the OT plot's, and makes it it's own. There is a set for each OT episode. It changes things around, for instance making Luke miss his target, not destroying the Death Star. It creates new possibilities, and some of the twists will leave your mouth hanging open.

Hmmm...that sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:;)

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Hmm this Infinities thing sounds like a book I've read called, "What If" or something like that. It was about what would happen if certain pivotal things in history didn't happen.

Yup, that's the essence of Infinities.

NP Stormhammer

any one here who has been to my threads should know That I like ONEPIECE!!!!!!!!!. Roroni Kenshin, Naruto, Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho, Calvin and Hobbs are all tied for first (includin onepiece.). That's about it.

Archived