Home

Burned out character wounds?

Proto

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SithLord13

if anyone has seen the movie Resident Evil then they should be able to slice people in little squares like the lasers did to that guy that got kill last by them :evil1:

Er...does the word 'overkill' come to mind here? :p

master_thomas...yes, I believe you're right, it was at the joints. I tend to agree that adding too many severance points would have a detrimental effect on performance. I doubt we will see realistic saber damage in MP for that reason, again...

That would make it somewhat like Bushido Blade, and now that I look at those dark apprentice gits close up..... seems like the skin is supposed to look that way all the time. Perhaps they're now using something glowy that gives regular dark jedi person followers Force abilities O_o who's to tell at this point.

Thanks for those pics Stormy! This is one part about JO that I did not like - you couldn't see where you hit your opponent. I like being able to know that I am causing damage. It's so much more of a confidence builder to know that I'm destroying someone. :)

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Yet again, I think it's simply part of the skin, since all the dark jedi lads seem to have the same marks on the same places (also, if you'd have a lightsaber scratch by your face you wouldn't be standing for long *points up at an earlier pic* )

I have to disagree about that. Look at the dead Dark Jedi lying on the ground in the first pic, no marks at all. And also, they're at diffrent parts of the body, wich means that if they were a part of the skin, they would have to make a bunch of skins with marks at diffrent places. Also, the Twi'lek also have them (and only in that pic).

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Yet again, I think it's simply part of the skin, since all the dark jedi lads seem to have the same marks on the same places (also, if you'd have a lightsaber scratch by your face you wouldn't be standing for long *points up at an earlier pic* )

No, nein, non, nag ydy...I really don't think so. Here's a wider view of the first pic...

saberdamage3.jpg

As you can see, the other enemies haven't really been damaged yet...but if you look carefully at the damaged guy, he is wearing exactly the same costume. An unfortunate case of the clone syndrome...but there you have it. ;)

[slightly off topic]

i know the game is in early development but I hope those people with the masks over their faces aren't the bad guys, they just look like a joke.. Bad dudes need to look...well... BAD!

W

Originally posted by razorace

Dynamic wounds decals are cool and all but it's not a show maker/breaker for me.

True, it won't make or break the game, but it's nice to have all the same. It would also be nice to see a return of realistic saber damage...i.e., limbs etc., being cut off.

wardz...good to see you posting again. ;) Yeah...you're right, they should look even meaner than they do. It's a pity we're seeing a lot of clone troopers again...I was hoping for more variety in appearance. Also, why do these enemy Jedi always have to be human-like in appearance? If we're able to choose different races to play as a Jedi, shouldn't the enemies be a good mix of races as well?

Archived