Home

Why didn't he kill them?

ZBomber

With it being Good Friday today, I was wondering... Why didn't God kill those who Crucified Jesus? I mean, God killed all those who disobyed him when Moses was getting the 10 Commandemnts. Because Jesus was sent here to die? Well, doesn't the 1st commandment say you should only worship one God? Isn't Jesus God? Tell me what you think....

Originally posted by ZBomber

With it being Good Friday today, I was wondering... Why didn't God kill those who Crucified Jesus? I mean, God killed all those who disobyed him when Moses was getting the 10 Commandemnts. Because Jesus was sent here to die? Well, doesn't the 1st commandment say you should only worship one God? Isn't Jesus God? Tell me what you think....

Because, while dying on the cross, Jesus said...

"Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34

God respected Jesus' wish.

The real question is: What would have happened had pontius pilate spared Jesus's life? What if his captors had a change of heart and decided to let Jesus live? What would that mean then (in the grand scheme of things)? How would History have played out?

Just a hypothetical pondering. What do the believers think the world would be like now?

Not only funny to me, but I think a good point. I know few people in places like where I work. They think they are the son of god too. What's the difference between a crazy guy saying he is the son of god 2,000 years ago and a crazy guy in a mental hospital saying the same thing... Not much... There both disruptive to the peace. Only today they aren't executed... State tax money feeds them and cloths them...

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Not only funny to me, but I think a good point. I know few people in places like where I work. They think they are the son of god too. What's the difference between a crazy guy saying he is the son of god 2,000 years ago and a crazy guy in a mental hospital saying the same thing... Not much... There both disruptive to the peace. Only today they aren't executed... State tax money feeds them and cloths them...

Gee, I don't know, do tthose people perform miracles? Do they rise form the dead 3 days after they died? Geesh, of all the times to dis Christianity. :rolleyes::mad:

The fact that Jesus performed miracles, raised people from the dead and even raised himself isn't enough? :rolleyes:

And ZBomber, your PM box is full...

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

The fact that Jesus performed miracles, raised people from the dead and even raised himself isn't enough?

I'll bet those folks that Jack works with will tell you that they do. And I'll bet you that others there have seen them do it. Their eyewitness testimony has to be as substantial as a set of documents that is over 2 millenia in age.

Not intended to be disrespectful... only to point out the disparity. The fact of the matter is that there is no evidence that exists that proves Jesus performed a miracle anymore than there is evidence to prove that those executed in Salem were, in fact, witches and could perform spells.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I'll bet those folks that Jack works with will tell you that they do. And I'll bet you that others there have seen them do it. Their eyewitness testimony has to be as substantial as a set of documents that is over 2 millenia in age.

Not intended to be disrespectful... only to point out the disparity. The fact of the matter is that there is no evidence that exists that proves Jesus performed a miracle anymore than there is evidence to prove that those executed in Salem were, in fact, witches and could perform spells.

Cosmos Jack didn't ever say in the story that the man did miracles... :p

And I believe that there is historical records of Jesus doing miracles.... I'll have to look it up though.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I don't think I could have said it better myself, but this guy said it best...

"Religion is regarded by the COMMON people as true, by the WISE as false, and by RULERS as useful" Lucius Annaeus Seneca

That's exactly how I feel about religion. Not intended to be disrespectful, because I am most of the time. I'm not a Christian never have and never will be religious. Religion has it's purpose for people who need it to live there lives; however it is myth and only that. It can be baste on real people, but still doesn't have to be true just because its in a book written by a man. A man that said he was possessed by the holy ghost or however the book was written. I can right a book say I was possessed by the one true god this day and time and nobody would beleave me. 1000 years ago I would have a cult in no time.

I'm tired I'm going to sleep. Been trying to tell Jesus he can't walk threw walls all night long.

If Jesus had been executed in the 20th century would you all be walking around with little electric chairs around your necks?:p

There is a point there.

The cross is only the symbol of Christianity because it was used to execute Jesus with, and we should remember that.

The cross is no more holy to the rest of us than the wheel is a holy symbol to buddhists.

I get furious at people who correct someone who uses "God" in a sentence ("Thank God", for example) when they're not Christians, or when someones makes fun of the cross. Who says they're talking about their god? It's none of their damn, f*cking business, and if they want to make fun of an ancient execution instrument, it's their choice. To "correct them" is showing lack of respect.

Originally posted by C'jais

I get furious at people who correct someone who uses "God" in a sentence ("Thank God", for example) when they're not Christians, or when someones makes fun of the cross. Who says they're talking about their god? It's none of their damn, f*cking business, and if they want to make fun of an ancient execution instrument, it's their choice. To "correct them" is showing lack of respect.

*Gives him a cookie*

Calm down, C'Jais. :D;)

BTW, Why would someone make fun of an ancient execution instrument? I don't see anything funny about a piece of wood where people were killed? :confused:

*Gives him a cookie*

Calm down, C'Jais. :D;)

Hehehe, don't worry - I only get furious in the "WTF is he talking about, I better not say anything to make him appear even more stupid"-way.

BTW, Why would someone make fun of an ancient execution instrument? I don't see anything funny about a piece of wood where people were killed? :confused:

Well, not "make fun of" per se, but if you turn it upside down, all of a sudden, some people go berserk...

Originally posted by C'jais

Well, not "make fun of" per se, but if you turn it upside down, all of a sudden, some people go berserk...

right, like when I suspended from school for wearing one like that because it offended someone. When I told the dean that the normal cross offended me, did he do anything. No. And that my friends is called hypocracy. A cross can get you suspended if its the wrong way, but it stops punishment if its the right way.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

right, like when I suspended from school for wearing one like that because it offended someone. When I told the dean that the normal cross offended me, did he do anything. No. And that my friends is called hypocracy. A cross can get you suspended if its the wrong way, but it stops punishment if its the right way.

Thats just pathetic. :eyeraise:

Did you go to a Catholic School? If not, you shoud;n't have gotten in trouble...

I was just wondering the other day in church about something....When Jesus is having the last supper he tells his disciples that it would be better for the person who betrays him to have never been born. But why? Isn't the person who betrays him helping him to fulfill his destiny and what he came to Earth to do?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I was just wondering the other day in church about something....When Jesus is having the last supper he tells his disciples that it would be better for the person who betrays him to have never been born. But why? Isn't the person who betrays him helping him to fulfill his destiny and what he came to Earth to do?

I never heard that version.... :p

Well, the person who betrays ends up commiting suicide. And he probably got sent to Hell. *shrugs*

I never heard that version.... :p

Well, the person who betrays ends up commiting suicide. And he probably got sent to Hell. *shrugs*

Very unfair, that is. After all, he only did what he thought was best. Judas was no bad man.

Archived