Home

Anime you've seen

Rogue Nine

Wow, my list has certainly grown a lot since the first post in this thread!

I can't remember all the anime I've seen, but here's the anime that I own on DVD:

Battle of the Planets (whole series)

Cowboy Bebop (whole series)

Cowboy Bebop (movie)

Ninja Scroll

Akira

Gasaraki (series)

The Animatrix

Ghost in the Shell

Samurai X

Princess Mononoke

Castle in the Sky

Kiki's Delivery Service

The Castle of Cagliostro (Lupin III)

Spirited Away

Fist of the North Star

Appleseed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evangelion + Movies : Awesome

Chobits : Really cool, but ending seemed a bit rushed

Love Hina : Great Fun if weird. (Again = sucks)

Trigun : Starts crap, gets much better then has an anticlimactic ending

Ghost in the Shell (movie) : excellent.

Akira (movie) : Not bad, groundbreaking

Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke (movies) : really cool, but not quite as good as hyped.

Transformers, Star Fleet, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Battle of the planets : not as good as i remember, but heavily anime influenced.

Plus loads of completely forgetable rubbish like Rayearth, Cyber city oedeo, fist of the north star and all the other badly animated, overly violent stuff that makes up 90% of anime.

I love the style of anime, and some of the plots are really clever and intelligent or just weird and funny. But, like any artform, you have to be selective and avoid all the rubbish.

Games:

Viewtiful Joe - Great but hard

Chrono Trigger - One of the best games of all time

Oni - Stunning gameplay, mind numbingly dull levels

can't really think of any other anime themed ones, but i'm sure there are loads. most games on snes and gba seem to be anime themed...

Want to watch:

Noir - sounds cool.

Cowboy beebop.

Gatchaman - if i could find a reasonably priced way to buy it in the uk.

Anything by Clamp, or the NGE studio

The Castle of Cagliostro & anything by Ghibli

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

...yeah, contrary to popular belief, anime isnt all about epic battles between robots and/or demons and/or supermagical beings and/or samurai .....and/or cutesy animal and/or scantily dressed schoolgirls who save the world..... ! ;P

MTFBWYA

IT'S NOT!?!?!?!? then why am i watchin this crap

j/k

Originally posted by Herminator_64

does TMNT count?

That's the toon featuring rapper 50c isnt it....

"I dont know what you heard about me, but you cant get a dollar outta me....coz Im a muthafudgin TMNT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was created in america, though the animation is probably produced in Asia, most likely Korea, like The Simpsons is....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Wanderer

Is it possible....I think nobody said Witch Hunter Robin . I have to recommend this series. From 2002...very nice animé:)

I was going to say that's one of my favorites now. That show kicks @$$! And now, to add to my list of anime-related games:

Sonic Heroes (Beat it?!? I kicked it's @$$!)

Capcom vs. SNK: Mark of the Millenium EO 2 (I love it, but I have one question: why do they have to come up with such long titles? :()

Originally posted by Herminator_64

but its the drawing style that depends, right? see av/sig for samples, from both old and new...

Yeah. Sometimes. Ever since Anime was spread, like, worldwide or whatever, people have been developing their own pseudo-manga and anime styles, just like I'm doing.

Archived