Home

Favorite Rogue Squadron Pilot

Originally posted by Rogue_Leader75

hey Lynk do you know whether the cjb message boards are worth putting on my website or not?

It's not worth it... if you're going to get a message board make sure it's something proper like Invision Board or phpbb... also, free hosting sucks and blows at the same time *nods*

Yeah I'm a Corran Horn fan too, my old username used to be Corran Horn you know ;)

@ wassup: Don't you mean "Yub Yub Commander" XD

do u really have to ask....:D

wraith squadron's cool, but like i said in the wraith vs rogue poll (which the rogues seem to leading, incidentally), they pale in comparison with the rogues.

Corran Horn was just as good a pilot

definitely not. he may have the instinct, but he's still inferior to wedge. can't really think of a direct comparison (as usual...), but as i recall, corran got his ass kicked by a rusty tycho who, at his peak, is marginally inferior to wedge. so corran<tycho<wedge.

and no can argue that wedge is a superior tactician... :)

oh yeah, and tycho, hobbie & wes rock, too.

rant-hobbie's been given too little attention. he's not mentioned half as often as wes, and has not yet been introduced in the njo. yeah sure, many might think that wes' a funnier guy...but that's only cause he had the opportunity to shine in the wraith squadron books. hobbie's sceptism & dry humour/wit was particulary funny in starfighters of adumar ("we're doomed"scene, "a refresher course", "red4, nothing's gone wrong yet...") "& the rogue comics (hobbie[hitting on mirax]: remember me? mirax:of course. u're kinda hard to forget, hobbie. hobbie: tried hard, have you?). sure, wes might ACTUALLY BE funnier...but i think the synergy achieved by the 2 far outweighs the sum of their parts.

GO HOBBIE!

Corran yes is slightly inferior to Wedge only because he hadn't gone through anywhere near what Wedge encountered in his first years in the war against the Empire. But Wedge Antilles is my favorite of all Rogue's and Wraith Squadron is a fine squadron but they do pale in comparison to the original Rogue Squadron (did they take out 2 Death Stars?)

fc32a428.jpg

yeah,kettch was a hawkbat ...and kettch was wedge who was a wraith, but he, first & foremost, was a rogue.

and while the wraith are, to a certain, limited extent, funnier, their skills are, like rogue75 said, nothing compared to the killer of death stars-rogue squadron.

The old Rogues are in the Rebel Stand books in the NJO.

all but hobbie. hence my rant...:(

phreak and wraith-

i can understand why u guys prefer the wraiths to the rogues...the novels rocked and they potrayed them as a real funny bunch of screw ups. what's not common knowledge is that the rogues are almost as funny, too....jus check out the rogue comix, man...u won't regret it :)

I know how funny the Rogues are. I like the Rogues too, but Wraith are #1. they're elite screw-up. I bet tey can give the Rogues a run for their money.

I have the X-Wing comics. Good ol' Bug Bite :D

but nothing beats the comedic performace of Face and Phanan

Archived