Home

Blue glowies

J.K Luke

I read this in the official forum and thought might be interesting to post it here:

LawlessHunter: Is it just me or is blue glowies the stupidest thing the developer could have done there going to kill everyones interest in this game.

Incase you dont know what blue glowies are there when you die as a jedi master, instead of respawning you turn into a blue glowie where you no longer can do anything except walk and talk.

They say it will take at least a year of playing before your even able to make a jedi then it will take atleast another year of play before you can get it to jedi master status and thats assuming you can even get it to jedi master status with how hard there making it on jedi. and to top it all off after 2 years of hard work you die one time and all you work goes up in smoke and you have to start over.

What's your take?

I fully agree with the current system the devs have described. In fact, I love it. If you are so obsessed with being a Jedi (Not referring to anyone, just a generalized remark to Jedi whiners), then work for it. If it takes two years for you to reap the benefits of a Jedi Master, that sounds fair.

What I do think. Force Sensitivity should be given to 1 per 100. Now, this 1 percent will have to work diligently to attain their goal of Jedi Master. Many will die, many should become flustered, impatient or frustrated and give up. The road of the Jedi should be EXTREMELY hard to follow.

Having force sensitivity hard to earn, and having jedi being permadeath, and given the other disadvantages of being a jedi, the devs managed to include jedi but not wrecking the game. If jedi was all fun and games, everyone would play one. And that would be incredibly boring. Now, jedi eventually become very powerful, but the road there is very dangerous, and you don't afford any mistakes. This means that the ones who becomes powerful jedi has earned it. They worked hard, and more importantly, they worked wisely.

I agree with the current system of Jedi Development that the dev's have put forth. In this time period in the SW Galaxy there are only 2 Jedi that are alive that we know of, so it would stand to reason that there would not be very many others that we haven't heard of.

Meaning, you're going to have to work to become a Jedi and you're going to have to work for a long, long time. As Obi-Wan says... "He will learn patience.."

I like the blue glowie idea too. It's kind of like a trophy. It's you walking around saying... "Yeah that's right, I was a Jedi Master... I'm dead, but I was a Jedi Master, which is more than you are." Ya dig?

LawlessHunter: Is it just me or is blue glowies the stupidest thing the developer could have done there going to kill everyones interest in this game.

In the end it comes down to just one thing: Braging rights.

The person who achieves Master status will have my utmost respect for actually achieving it ... unless he/she is a total dick about it. :p

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

In the end it comes down to just one thing: Braging rights.

The person who achieves Master status will have my utmost respect for actually achieving it ... unless he/she is a total dick about it. :p

Agreed, also bounty hunters would brag if they took down a Blue Jedi master. :D So it all fits into the cycle. :)

Well... :p Always getting my ideas shot down... :D j/k. Yeah you're right, it might be cool if there was an area in the game in which only blue glowies could access, and there were mystical weapons, armor, etc. that they could screw around with, just for something to do instead of walking and talking...

The only reason for the Blue Glowie is as a trophy/badge. As Jan pointed out it will be a symbol of respect. That way when you tell someone you were a blue glowie, you can "pull out your punk card" and prove it.

Also when you have that much in time in the game, you can still relax and do some roleplay as a "Blue Glowie". You could act as a Good "glowie" and walk around and instruct and help other Jedi find their way. You can be a teacher/mentor type character that a younger Jedi could approach and learn from. Or even secure you badness by pretending that you will help other Jedi and then betray them to the "Dark Side". Although not a full fledged character, you can still be very interactive with the population of your server.

being a blue glowie is the ultimate honor in SWG, because, you can go around normally, nobody can kill you, and you can flaunt that you were a jedi master. Also, people would get into fights because they wanted to get a screen shot with you first. You basicly would be a celebrity.

Why roleplay a jedi mentor when you become a blue glowie...

...when it is so much freakier and entertaining to roleplay a mourning, vengeful, haunting ghost? Either staying at the place of your demise, howling warnings to passerbys, or stalking the one bringing you down...

The best part would be if you could interact a little, without being seen. Whisper at the neck of your victim, taunting him at every step. Mmmmmm...

Blue glowie can't be seen by other ppl? Hmmm... that would suck wouldn't it? I mean you worked your way up for 2 years(it's a very long and perilious period) only to become a blue glowie cos of one very unfortunate incident...

Now, as blue glowie I understand you can still walk around the world but as a ghost? So am I right to say that you will need to create a new char should your jedi master has turned into a blue glowie?

Originally posted by J.K Luke

Blue glowie can't be seen by other ppl? Hmmm... that would suck wouldn't it? I mean you worked your way up for 2 years(it's a very long and perilious period) only to become a blue glowie cos of one very unfortunate incident...

Now, as blue glowie I understand you can still walk around the world but as a ghost? So am I right to say that you will need to create a new char should your jedi master has turned into a blue glowie?

When you die, and become glowie blue. You will be basically cut off from the world, you will only be able to see other players. ;)

But they won't be able to see you and you can't talk to no one else. So it kind of sucks, but being blue glowie might be kool. :)

Hehe, I was just imagining a situation where a player just makes his first FS character. He, like everybody else, assumes that Jedi Masters and Blue Glowies are rare. Then he steps out of the newbie zone...and he sees Blue Glowies everywhere.

Hmm, new character class. The Ultimate Spy. Load up roger wilco and chat with your PA members as they wage war upon another PA. Tell them numbers, locations, and help coordinate angles of attack.

Like a keyhole satellite for in game.

Hmm, new character class. The Ultimate Spy. Load up roger wilco and chat with your PA members as they wage war upon another PA. Tell them numbers, locations, and help coordinate angles of attack.

LOL! :D

Originally posted by Krymelord

Hey hey, sweet idea. :D

Archived