Home

Question about crafting

overpride

When you create an item and then sell it, you get experience for creating the item and for the use of the item. For example, everytime someone uses your blaster that you made you get a little bit of experience. Kind of cool.

I think you can buy the scematics from a vendor or something. I bet a lot of them will be posted on webpages in no time, so you won't have to buy them.

Well, scematics are nothing you can read about on the internet and then apply in the game immediately. You'll have to learn them ingame.

However, schematics and blueprints are two different things.

A schematic is what you need to make one item, say, for a grenade you need a blasting cap, a detonation core and a metal hull (just a made up example, not beta leak!;)). The artisan who knows this schematic can make a grenade as long as he/she has one kind of each item.

A blueprint, however, is a specific item. Say, a low quality blasting cap, a strong explosive core and a titanium hull will make a 'colourful demo charge'. With this scematic, you can make the item in a factory instead, at much greater speed. However, it needs the exact components. Speed is granted at the expense of flexibility.

very true set. I believe that you will start with a very basic blueprint/scematic, or that you will do an opening mission that you have to do something for an NPC crafter, and you will earn a blueprint/scematic from him/her in accomplishing this task.

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius

very true set. I believe that you will start with a very basic blueprint/scematic, or that you will do an opening mission that you have to do something for an NPC crafter, and you will earn a blueprint/scematic from him/her in accomplishing this task.

Maybe a npc tutor or something. :)

No, Reaper. You gain schematics from increasing your crafter skills. And you make schematics when you have made an item yourself. NPC's will only provide really, really basic items. So most propably, you won't find schematics there.

Originally posted by setsuko

No, Reaper. You gain schematics from increasing your crafter skills. And you make schematics when you have made an item yourself. NPC's will only provide really, really basic items. So most propably, you won't find schematics there.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up set. :D

Originally posted by Sunshine Badass

She is a Lynx.

Can you not tell your large cats apart?

Yeah, freak.

j/k

Guys ... guys ... you're really not the right people to talk, ok? :D

And I guess it's time for me to welcome the dude now, now that I'm finally home again. :D

Welcome to the SWGalaxies.Net Forums!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, XO of the Official Welcomming Committee and Moderator of this place.

Be sure to check out the Read This First thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards, so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts. :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)

Archived