Home

Is there anything cooler?

Kylilin

Than this!!

what, u mean the car? if so, what's so special about it? if not, than what?

and who's mr T?

plagued by questions, these old guys are, by the newbie who goes by the name of benTantilles....annoyed by such ignorance, they prepare the noob-bq and sneak up behind him....

Bah, have you BEEN in a toy store lately? It's like traveling back to 1986 in there now, with GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers, and Care Bears as far as the eye can see! The 80s never died and they are starting to come out of hibernation.

We're the kids in America.

And don't forget comic books: we have Robotech, Thundercats, Battle of the Planets (which I missed originally, so it's all new to me), and even a Voltron reboot (they have last names now!!!).

All we need now is Silverhawks. :shads2:

Ben, do you genuinely not know the coolness that was Knight Rider? For shame, boy. Next you'll be saying that you don't know Battlestar Galactica.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Blarg. Kyl is obviously still stuck in the 80's.

Sad, really.

It's only sad to you because you weren't old enough to enjoy the glory of it. Too bad you aren't old enough to have seen the A-Team, Knight Rider, and The Dukes of Hazard not in reruns.

We grew up with real toys. Atari was new to us, Nintendo blew our socks off. I had every Star Wars (handed down from my brothers), G.I. Joe, He-Man, and Thundercat action figure and I played with them all. And I won't even get into how many Matchbox, Hot Wheels cars, as well as Tonka trucks I had.

I'm glad I had to wait until I got into my teens to learn how to use a computer. I'm glad I didn't grow up sitting in front of a computer screen.

I grew up watching the Lakers vs. Celtics Epic. Magic vs Bird almost every year for the title, and my beloved Knicks in lottery land. Then the "Bad Boys" Pistons took over as the best team. And I remember seeing Michael Jordan tearing the basketball world to pieces and remaking it in his own image. It was a time when the dunk contest was worth watching, Jordan vs. Dominique in the best dunk contest of all time.

So here's to the 80's. Truly a very un-sad time.

Transformers especially. Check out the TRU re-releases of G1 favourites. Optimus Prime's smokestacks are shaved down to blunt nubs, and the spring-loaded missiles on Ultra Magnus and the Seekers are either neutered (spring-less), or lengthened several inches to prevent anyone from swallowing them.

And that's not even counting the ones that're too dangerous to be re-released at all (G1-Megs, Fort Max, etc).

We used to take our lives in our hands every time we sat down and played. Kids today are too dumb to be trusted with sharp objects. Let Darwinism take its course, I say!

Let's see that G1 Perceptor prototype with the spring-loaded missile that stores in the microscope's eye-piece!

Speaking of old movies, anyone hear about those movies about something with guys swinging around glow sticks like swords in the future. Oh yeah, there's even this 'force' deal going on too...

I'm just making sure if anyone has caught it or not...

I couldn't help it! :D

Knight Rider is my Lord and Master. I did my final presentation in my communications class on Knight Rider. Total length: 65 minutes.

GO KITT!

The best are the rolling deployments/recoveries from the FLAG Mobile Unit. Nothing quite like backing a Trans-Am out of a moving transport truck... If I do nothing else in my life, I want to do that.

Archived