Home

Saddest moment in GF.

madmonkeygal!

Sadest moments?

The music that played when you found Lola dieing and how she asks Manny "if she would have had a chance" almost brought tears to my eyes.

and am I the only one who found the edge of the world depressing? That and bothe times you think Glottis is going to die.

oh and I almost wept when I had to leave the blue casket those guys were so cool!

:hector:

The way the game executed Lola's death was awesome. Despite us only seeing her for a few seconds in the game, her death brought a lot of sadness to a lot of us. It takes a lot of skill to be able to do that I'd imagine.

The saddest moment just has to be the ending. On the one hand because the whole game...well...ends, and on the other hand because of the seperation of Manny and Glottis.

Lola's death wasn't all that sad if you ask me.

But maybe I'm just heartless...

The reason I myself wasn't too affected by her death was because we met her for only a tiny amount of time - we didn't get to see inside her character or anything. Her death was sad, but not because of the loss of her itself - but the way it was portayed in the game with the sad music, etc.

Originally posted by Yodaboy64

Especially the "Would I have had a chance" part. That one really left me hurting...

Mmmhmm, I'd have to agree with that one. Manny just kind of looks the other way in a way that says, "no, but I can't really say it out loud right now."

:newbie:

I wasn't calling Thrik heartless, more Junior. I agree, the music really did make the scene much more powerful. If you read the novelization, she becomes more attached. Not to sound like a GF nerd or anything, but the novelization added a LOT. The first time I saw it, it was unexpected and left me somewhat saddend and quite confused... what DOES happen to people who are sprouted, anyway?

I've always wondered that too, I'm thinking maybe they do get into the 9th underworld, but maybe it's painful, or they might go somewhere else. If they go to the 9th underworld, it's A. good cause we'll see lola and sal, and B. Bad, cause olivia will be back (though she did seem pretty cool, if a bit annoying IMO.. until we found out about her true self that is) and hector too.

The saddest moments for me were Sal's death (especcially the fact that he had a ticket. I became pretty angry too), Lola dying (the dialog in it was really well done too), Glottis being ill, and of course, the ending, in which the game ends (I wanted it to go so much!) and leaving Glottis. ("Manny, you know I can't go with you, I'm a spirit of the land an all that.")

However, interestingly, it wasn't that sad, maybe because it didn't seem like the same sort of death, more like going on to another place.

But there weren't very many sad moments in the game, not big ones anyway, IMO.

It's time to replay the game! :)

To me the saddest part was the ending. Not actually because the game ended, but because that was when I realised my ultimate mistake.

You see, I don't like PC games that much. I'm a Nintendo freak who plays games like Zelda and Pokémon, so I never took Grim Fandango that seriously. I have to admit I used a walkthrough every time I got stuck (very often), because I wanted to complete the game as fast as possible. :o

And then the game ended and I realised that I had ruined probably the best game I will ever play. Way to go me... :(

But the good thing is that I learned my lesson. I've never played any Monkey Island games, but if I ever get my hands in one I won't even think about using any freaking walkthroughs!

I found http://www.uhs-hints.com to be helpful. I only got the spoiler if I wanted it, but usually I'd get a hint in the right direction which would prompt me to do something and figure it out, or come back for another hint.

It's like, you want to get through the game and see what happens, but at the same time you don't it spoiled with a walkthrough. It's always so much more fun to figure it out on your own. I know how it goes. :)

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

I have to admit I used a walkthrough every time I got stuck (very often), because I wanted to complete the game as fast as possible. :o

And then the game ended and I realised that I had ruined probably the best game I will ever play. Way to go me... :(

I feel your pain. I got about two-thirds of the way through before I got stuck on a particular puzzle, used a walkthrough to get past, and just kept on using the walkthrough because I wanted to see the end. First (and last) time I ever used a walkthrough for any game, and it just happened to be the one that would become my all-time favourite. Grr. I could have kicked myself in the head. In fact, I tried to do just that. I eat through a straw now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived