Home

Saddest moment in GF.

madmonkeygal!

This amazing game holds the power to make me laugh out loud, and cry because the characters seem so real. The saddest moment for me was when Lola died, I'm kind of used to the MI brand of Lucasarts game, where no characters DIE, so it was something of a shock to the system, but it was incredibly well executed. (opps, no pun intended!:eek: )

The scene where Manny & Glottis teared the ship apart with anchors (can't remember the ship's name). Glottis worked so hard getting it all nice and shiny with those huge chromed exhaust pipes only to have it ripped apart to avoid murderous fake customs-officials. It is a shame to see a beautiful piece of machinery ripped apart like that!

Lola's death was of course sad, but that is it. There's not that many sad scenes in the game, maybe except for the end where

Sal, Olivia and the fat guy get sprouted (and Manny too for a while)

The scene in the morgue...REAL sad and depressing. Lola's death icridible sad. *cried*

others...

and when Manny's crew dies...

when floress learns his wife has left with another man...

The whole atmosphere in the Blue casket...

The ending :) (not actually sad...)

of course when Salvator...

well not sad but when Captain learns of SS lamancha(his love)

i could say more...:p

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

what do you mean?

The ship was named Lola, and her death was the saddest moment in the game [The character Lola, not the ship!], and I love every time I play it. Also the ending, cause.... then the game is over :( :(

Originally posted by ZaXeriaw

The ship was named Lola, and her death was the saddest moment in the game [The character Lola, not the ship!], and I love every time I play it. Also the ending, cause.... then the game is over :( :(

:rolleyes:

yep i know Manny named his ship Lola.....

Funny....Both(ship and char) died....:(

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by AnxiousApe

And when Glottis is dying (but he lives - yay!)

YES....you are right. I had forgot that scene. It really get me sad...Glottis liing there, helpless, trying to breath....Oh it was something..:(

It was completely unexpected for me, so the shock value complemented his demise.
it was TOO heroic...and a death he had to have...dying to save the others....The most sad part was when manny sees the ticket :(

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I found it rather depressive how the two Lolas (the person and the ship) had a similar fate, like naming the ship Lola was killing it.

Sak's death is indeed the saddest moment, as well as the end of the game.

Originally posted by Llopin

Actually I found it rather depressive how the two Lolas (the person and the ship) had a similar fate, like naming the ship Lola was killing it.

i found it sweet and cute....it was one of those little things that made grim a masterpiece...the name of the ship is never actually "named" we just see it...for 2 moments....

I would say Sal's death, because I thought he might be able to survive as a head, remaining the "head" of the LSA afterwards. Hehe. But seriously I thought that you wouldn't end up with him sacrificing himself, and when you find out he had a ticket all along!:( :(

Archived