Home

Kick ownage

shock ~ unnamed

If you have ever thought "kicking was easy" or "took no skill" watch this.

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/another_bs_account/demos/Kickinggoodness.dm_16

Savant from =X= was without a doubt the best kicker in jk2.

Those of you who played against him know what I mean when I say I would rather face 5 guys on defense than have him defending with those kicks of his.

This demo is not about how fast a person can kick or just some guy going around knocking noobs off ledges. It shows just how precise a person can become if they work at it.

To be able to tear off after a flag carrier, dive down from 1/2 way across the map, land and in a single precise shot drop a guy running away in the exact direction you need for the return with a single kick is just insane. (watch at 9:50 in for a brutal return)

The funny thing is this is just a random pub match and he was kind of goofing around. You should have seen this guy when he was playing with the rest of his team in real matches.

Anyways, it's a full 20 minute demo but worth it just to watch this guy defend if you're a fan of saber only full force CTF.

If you haven't installed any patches, you're using the 1.02-version. Kick was changed in 1.03 (/1.04).

1.02 >> click jump when you're next to the opponent.

1.03/1.04 >> tap jump twice. Side kicks require only one tap.

Loved the demo! I'm soo gonna pic up CTF when JA comes out! Truly inspiring (although a bit scary). :)

Since the thread is about kicking, I just have to mention this:

I logged on a server for the first time in months last night (was too drunk to do anything else) and I got kicked to death in a way I've never seen before. It was quite hilarious.

The guy warped around amsitting and then gripped me while amsitting and sidekicked me to death! The meditation-pose was only momentarily interrupted by the grip-kick animation. :confused:

A pretty cool server. Most people just hang around saber down trying to kickvote "LAMERS". I might go in later just to see what it's like to be amsitgripkicked when I'm sober. :)

HThinet Jedi knight II server IP 195.29.150.89:28070

Originally posted by Luc Solar

A pretty cool server. Most people just hang around saber down trying to kickvote "LAMERS". I might go in later just to see what it's like to be amsitgripkicked when I'm sober. :)

HThinet Jedi knight II server IP 195.29.150.89:28070

that's putting it lightly.

I was there for about 20 minutes and I think the longest duration where someone did not call a vote was like 45 seconds.

I dont know if you guys know this, but have some one grip you then try to kick the griper, sometimes you can do a kick with no animation, but it takes a lot of damage, some times it even gets to 70HP, this in basejk2 and base kick damage. the thing that you described is grip-kick and i´ve seen some guys kill with that in under 5 secs

Originally posted by N3mesis

I dont know if you guys know this, but have some one grip you then try to kick the griper, sometimes you can do a kick with no animation, but it takes a lot of damage, some times it even gets to 70HP, this in basejk2 and base kick damage. the thing that you described is grip-kick and i´ve seen some guys kill with that in under 5 secs

its the glitch kick. or just "glitched" for short. and you can kill them instantly with it. up to 100 hp or more from it

Originally posted by repeat_offender

instant improvement.

but... even the best wheel users/ "scripters" can't hold their own against the best manual kickers. In the end-game, timing is still imperativeableness.

true ^

There are also some kicks that can not be done if using a script, like the kick up off the flag pole/roof thing on the flag base in WF.

However I think in kicks speed is secondary to the "set up", as in the approach/range prior to the actual kick.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

true ^

There are also some kicks that can not be done if using a script, like the kick up off the flag pole/roof thing on the flag base in WF.

However I think in kicks speed is secondary to the "set up", as in the approach/range prior to the actual kick.

shut your jap-hole, turbo-slut

Archived