Home

Shakespeare in love...

Lord_Vessen

How Many of You Will Hook Up With A Mate?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How Many of You Will Hook Up With A Mate?

• Yes, I will marry a fellow player.
    • Yes, I will hook up with an NPC.
    • No, that's just wrong!
    • Hell Yes! I will be the ladies' man!
    • Heck Yeah! I will be the mans' lady!
    • I don't know

Oh, I'll prowl the streets at nightfall, seducing those who claims they don't like online relationships, and then I'll leave them high and dry like a true hearbreaker. That is way much more evil than playing an imperial who's strapping explosives to baby ewoks. Bwahahahahaa!

I expect to be role-playin quiet alot but not i dont think to an extreme, that i have (intense) relationships. I'm sure i'll make close mates whilst playing the game and maybe have the odd fling (hell, i might even participate in a few drunken marriages), but love...........erm it would be too freaky and it would feel like i'v gone too far, and it defies the whole point on that love stuff doesn't it? I mean, i'm no expert or softy :blush2:!!! But isn't love supposed to be honest? Hahahaha, sorry, can't keep a straight face..... Errmm anyways, Flirting = Probably, Marriage = Drunken Mistakes, Love = Not For Me.....

I think the major, major issue here is that a lot of people can't see the difference of having the character they play being in love, and being in love as the player. Sure, for a lot of players, the distinction is not that clear, and then, I'd say you better stay out of it. But if you can see the difference, and act appropriately, RP flirting can be a lot of fun. As long as you keep yourself (the player) out of it. Oh, now I'm sounding even more confused than MC Gaarni, but that can't be helped.

Character in love = fun

Player in love = can be fun, but a looot more complicated

I can clearly see the difference. But the point i was trying to make is that as much as i try i can't see me role-playing love. Flirting, yes i'm definatly up for that and i can see the point your making with people often not seperating real life from the 'game' but marriage isn't an area of the 'game' im interested in and i'm not saying other people arn't interested in this, because i know they are, just its not for me. I intend to role-play but i dont think i'd find love/marriage fun, and thats what it comes down to, i wont do something i dont enjoy.

And besides, Don't want the missus (wife) finding out i'm involved with another woman :D;)

And the part "but i dont think i'd find love/marriage fun" doesn't nessecarally mean i don't like real-life marriage. Just incase the missus is reading this :ang2:

Off course you are right. Noone should roleplay areas of their characters life that they are not comfortable with, or that they don't find enjoying. Though, I'd advise everyone out there that are not experienced in roleplaying to try everything out at least once. You might surprise yourself...

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

lol, 19? :D

Add atleast 3 times that age to him. ;)

I know wookies are supposed to be really old. I just want Froobuk to have been born on Kashyyyk but he doesnt really remember it well. On a side note, do wookie become fully or almost fully physicall mature when they are 19? Just because they live longer I doubt they would mature any differently. I guess what I am trying to say is, Does a 19 year old wookie have the apearence of a "baby"?

I agree with Set on the "character in love=fun" It would be great for roleplaying, it would really add a "RL feel" to the game instead of just going out killing things and hanging out at cantina's you can go see your significant other. But if someone gets attached to a 3D model.....that's just odd.

the vong came and on one mission to save solo the vong use a gravity laser to bring a moon down on the planet and the team was on the moon. well it was up to his son to decide them all or chewie. and then they took of and with a loud roar the moon shatterd and chewie ceased to exsist.:(

Archived