Home

Psychology experiment

No, I'm not in the credits. I'm not a co-worker in their research, he's just a pal who I've met at the Cognitive Science institute, so I have promised him to spread the test. Sorry to dissappoint you after that feat of skullduggery! ;)

And no, there's no "right" way to do the test. Consider it a very simplistic Rorshach test. It has to do with subconscious reactions, and that's why you are supposed to do the test very quickly, without considering whether you answer 'right' or not. Together with the information of gender, age and location, it is possible to start looking at whether our subconscious works differently. And yes, if you did it 'randomly', you did it very well; thing is, what we think is random is never really random. When forced to do a very fast, appearantly 'random' choise, your subconscious kicks in. And that's what the survey is about, so don'tcha worry. You did fine.

And well, no, Jackrabbit. Hopefully the results will not only be what he expected. If you only find out what you expect, scientific research would not only be dull, but also badly performed. It is when you disregard what you think is right, and try to find out what is right that you are truly researching.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who did the survey. Hopefully, getting a more international view of it can be interesting.

Archived