Home

Im leaving

i Fellow members of SWG.net, i hate to tell you but i am leaving these forums. This is partly because of a thread made by Jedi aprentice, he stated i would make a good mod of these forums. :)

The thread shortly after got deleted, i cannot take this anymore people messing with my emotions. I will make this clear either i get a week trial to mod the SWG General Discussion Forums, or i leave the forums.

I got enough real life problems and i really want to get it off my plate, being a mod here would help me focus off it. Here is a short setence why i want to be a mod:

Star Wars Galaxies is a month away from coming out, according to most sources, and with that game going gold will come a LARGE influx of new posters. People just wanting to know FAQ, asking tech questions, and possibly even becoming normal posters. We are going to be flooded in newbs. We're going to need another mod or two...and I would like to volunteer. :D

That is all im going to say either i get a week trial by wedesday morning or im leaving these forums for good. :(

Yours gratefully Reaper.

im sad to hear that your leaving. But leaving just because you dont get to be mod i think is a bit.... snobbish. personally i can think of a few people that are more deserving of the title. I dont want to offend you or anything thats just my own opinion. but i am sad to see you leave you do contribute well to these forums.

Sorry to hear about it, but no, blackmail is a bad way to do it.

Why don't take a short break instead? I mean, most people (including me) who has taken a volountary one or two weeks away from the forums have only been better off of it.

But if you don't return, well, have a good life, and I hope your RL starts to improve. Good luck!

EDIT: oh, and my tip to anyone who has RL problems, seek counseling, ASAP. Really, seeing a shrink now and then is not something reserved for the criminally insane, it's something everyone should do now and then, it's really helpful at those times when everything becomes a pain in the ass, everyone I know has been better off afterwards.

Originally posted by swediot=)

im sad to hear that your leaving. But leaving just because you dont get to be mod i think is a bit.... snobbish. personally i can think of a few people that are more deserving of the title. I dont want to offend you or anything thats just my own opinion. but i am sad to see you leave you do contribute well to these forums.

Well seriously you are one of the people who really ruin my real life, you got a answer to everything and really hate me.

I can see from the replys no one cares, i will still post in the associates forum now and then. As i will still be in the PA, but apart from that i will be leaving wednesday morning. :(

I am sorry to say, that Swediot is right. There are a million names I could throw out there that have been here far longer, and would be higher on the list for mod priviledges. This is not to be mean Reaper, I am just being honest. People like Setsuko and several others that may not post as much as you, have proven their worth over time. Time invested here is worth far more than any amount of posts my friend.

In truth, I am sorry to see you act in this manner, as in doing so you have only proven what your critics have said.......you are simply not ready to moderate these forums. Though your persistence is a true character strength, you lack the level of maturity necessary to truly moderate successfully. I am nearly twice your age and often find it difficult to keep myself to the standards of a moderator, so this is no fault of your own. Folks like Wraith have set the bar so high, that some of us will never be able to live up to those expectations.

Your pleas to become moderator, against all advice given you, have not even remotely slowed. As I've told you in the past, a moderator can not volunteer, but must be selected. This is a form of quality control, intended to allow only the best and most qualified to be moderators here. Although I agree that we will need more moderators in the very near future, I fear that this post was the wrong way to go.

Now, with that said, I am closing this thread, as it is childish, immature and pointless to threaten the staff here.

Archived