Home

Confusion on payment plan.

Jackrabbit

Some people are confused about how the monthly fee works, so I made a little outline thing.

There are 4 methods of payment for SWG. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. I will explain each one here as well as I can. The 4 payment methods are $14.99 a month, $14.00 a month for three months, $13.00 a month for 6 months, and $12.00 a month for 12 months.

$14.99 a month – With this plan, every month your credit card/debit card or game card will get charged $14.99. The benefit of this is that you don’t have to commit to the game. You pay by the month, so if you decide the game is not for you, you can quit. The problem is, the charge is arguably high.

$14.00 a month – With the $14 plan, every 3 months your credit card/debit card or game card will get billed for $42. This is for people who know they will play the game for a little while, but are not sure about their future with the game. They pay for 3 months, and if they decide to quit after said time, they can.

$13.00 a month – Every 6 months, your credit card/debit card or game card is charged $78. As you can see, a pattern is starting to arise :).

$12.00 a month – At the end of a year, your credit card/debit card or game card is charged $144. This is the cheapest plan, but, also the most risky. If you pay this fee, but after 3 months decide you don’t want to play anymore, you’ve still paid for an entire year.

I hope this explanation helped. Whenever I try to explain something, it usually involves lots of hand motions, bad metaphors, and glue. If you still don’t understand this system, ask set to explain it :).

[Edit] Here's the money you save with the different plans.

$14.99 - $179.88 a year

$14.00 - $168.00 a year

$13.00 - $156.00 a year

$12.00 - $144.00 a year

[Edit2] THE FIRST 30 DAYS ARE FREE. How's that Patman? :p

Originally posted by Spaso

i don't under stand how you would save more if you paid 14.99 month by month rather than paying 12 per month for the year?

You don't. But say you're having money troubles (you don't know if you'll have $179 at the end of the year, but you know you can have $15 a month), or you're not sure if you'll like the game, you can pay per month, and cancel whenever.

swediot=) im gonna go with the yearly planner..... ive allready spent a year whatching the game develope i might as well play it for a year and my brother will be paying half anyway

It will take you almost that long to get your cantina up and running. Wouldn't want to loose our hangout man.:D

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

I hope this explanation helped. Whenever I try to explain something, it usually involves lots of hand motions, bad metaphors, and glue.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

don't glue your hands together saying, "The Chewbacca saves money on plan 4"

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Some people are confused about how the monthly fee works, so I made a little outline thing.

There are 4 methods of payment for SWG. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. I will explain each one here as well as I can. The 4 payment methods are $14.99 a month, $14.00 a month for three months, $13.00 a month for 6 months, and $12.00 a month for 12 months.

$14.99 a month – With this plan, every month your credit card/debit card or game card will get charged $14.99. The benefit of this is that you don’t have to commit to the game. You pay by the month, so if you decide the game is not for you, you can quit. The problem is, the charge is arguably high.

$14.00 a month – With the $14 plan, every 3 months your credit card/debit card or game card will get billed for $42. This is for people who know they will play the game for a little while, but are not sure about their future with the game. They pay for 3 months, and if they decide to quit after said time, they can.

$13.00 a month – Every 6 months, your credit card/debit card or game card is charged $78. As you can see, a pattern is starting to arise :).

$12.00 a month – At the end of a year, your credit card/debit card or game card is charged $144. This is the cheapest plan, but, also the most risky. If you pay this fee, but after 3 months decide you don’t want to play anymore, you’ve still paid for an entire year.

I hope this explanation helped. Whenever I try to explain something, it usually involves lots of hand motions, bad metaphors, and glue. If you still don’t understand this system, ask set to explain it :).

[Edit] Here's the money you save with the different plans.

$14.99 - $179.88 a year

$14.00 - $168.00 a year

$13.00 - $156.00 a year

$12.00 - $144.00 a year

[Edit2] THE FIRST 30 DAYS ARE FREE. How's that Patman? :p

You said "GAME CARD" has anything been said about paying with game card???

I'm uncertain about whether or not I want to fork out even $12 per month to play a game. That's a large amount of cash to drop over a year, and the following year, and the year after. I'm sure it will probably be fun, but I've also got a real life too. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but am leaning toward a wait and see plan.

Well you have a free month to see if you like it. I'm going with the 12 month thing. But I have a question...will we have to pay it once we order our subscription or do we pay up at the end of our subscription. EX: I sign up for the 12-month plan, do I pay it at the end of the 12 months or at the beginning?

Archived