Home

question for uj and ppl familiar w/ the q3 engine

Rumor

ok i was at frag fest this summer. this awesome guy i met there, Psychotron, had his q3 graphics turned waaay down through the console. walls and **** were pink/brown, etc. i was wondering how to do this, esp to help with people's fps lag in FF TFFA.

I don't know the cvar, but it's something like r_texturelodbias or something of that sort. The settings in the detail menu only go so low, anything after that is pretty much pointless. You can override it in the console, but like I said, it won't offer a significant performance boost. Resolution and geometric detail usually have the largest effect on performance. Texture resolution only speeds things up if you have insufficient video memory. As long as you've got 32 MB of video RAM, you'll be fine on the detail to high settings.

Originally posted by repeat_offender

Swift's retard level < Rumor's

shut up hick.

<--- A+ cert. working on MCSE and Network + kthx.

at least i know what bus my video card runs on.

now go find out what a ramdac is and report back in 3 years.

Originally posted by Rumor

shut up hick.

<--- A+ cert. working on MCSE and Network + kthx.

at least i know what bus my video card runs on.

now go find out what a ramdac is and report back in 3 years.

all that and your still too ****ing stupid to notice a door right infront of you, polak

Originally posted by iron_dF

all that and your still too ****ing stupid to notice a door right infront of you, polak

you stupid **** you actually got knocked out because your weak scrawny ass walked into a ****ing door, how ****ing stupid are you?

Archived