Home

"The Hulk" Flops!

Darth Groovy

I been reading reviews all day, and most critics are unanimous, despite some decent acting, The Hulk looks silly, and the story is barely enough to hold the attention of another T.V. Pilot. Consider this Marvel's first flop since The Punisher. Hopefully, this will not hamper future releases like The Punisher.

Linkage:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/entertainment/movies/hulk.htm

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/hulk.html

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=vf1f1emuqdou07%40news.supernews.com

I remember when Godzilla came out, I was really exited about it, the creature itself looked pretty cool, but it had some abysmal acting, and the plot was not much better than the old Toho pictures, sans the really bad dubbing.

That soundtrack was pretty horrible anyways. Puff Daddy featuring Led Zepplin???:confused: Or better yet, The Wallflowers butchering the classic David Bowie anthem "Heroes"!:confused:

As a side note, one critic refered to The Hulk as the "Unjolly Green Giant". :lol:

allright, let's keep some things straight here.

you've read REVIEWS.

remember the kind of reviews Attack Of The Clones and The Phantom Menace got ? they got slammed, albeit that AotC was received better than TPM. They both rank top 20 of all time, which makes them official HITS.

See how the film does at the box office, then use the word 'flop' or not.

That is not all together true. I read both good and bad reviews on AOTC. Most of the reivews I have seen on The Hulk have all been pretty terrible. I did not link every last single review, I just found the three ones that I felt were fair and thorough.

Also, box office numbers do NOT determine wether a movie is good or not. Look at the months between January, and March, they can put anything out, and people will sit throught it out of sheer boredom, so yeah, it may be number one at the box office, but it sure does not mean it is any good. Scooby-Doo is another prime example of a rechid movie that made some box office success, simply because it is a cartoon that kids will go see. Some movies that have failed at the box office have become cult classics over the years, and win back credibility with DVD sales. During the summer months, it is survival of the fittest, with one blockbuster after another, so all is fair game. Besides, critics still see the same movie that we will see. I may still see it, but maybe just rent the DVD instead.

I cannot stand paying $7.50 for a movie and leaving in discust. I did it with Godzilla and Spawn. So I am in no immediate hurry to see this one, even though I grew up with the TV series as a kid, and even had a few comics... it can wait... really!

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

allright, let's keep some things straight here.

you've read REVIEWS.

remember the kind of reviews Attack Of The Clones and The Phantom Menace got ? they got slammed, albeit that AotC was received better than TPM.

They got slammed because they were awful movies.

And I agree that a flop is determined by the box office. But while a movie may not be a box office flop... it can still suck. Like the past 2 Star Wars movies.

So you're gonna rely on the reviews? Sometimes when people say it's awesome, it's stupid and boring and when it sucks, it's good...grumpy old people probably. Trust me, don't judge a movie by what the critics say. See it for yourself.

I think The Two Towers was awesome. In some aspects, it was better than both AotC and TPM...course anything is better than TPM. *Points to Jar Jar* You'll get yours...

The Two Towers WAS awesome. MUCH better than either of the 2 recent SW movies. They made the movie better than the book.

I'm not judging the Hulk by what critics say, I'm judging what they've shown me. And so far it isn't crap. It's less than crap. Those previews aren't selling me enough the fact that this movie will be remotely good. They won't make me put down $10 to see it. I wouldn't even rent it. I'd wait for it to come on HBO or something.

Originally posted by pbguy1211

The Two Towers WAS awesome. MUCH better than either of the 2 recent SW movies. They made the movie better than the book.

I'm not judging the Hulk by what critics say, I'm judging what they've shown me. And so far it isn't crap. It's less than crap. Those previews aren't selling me enough the fact that this movie will be remotely good. They won't make me put down $10 to see it. I wouldn't even rent it. I'd wait for it to come on HBO or something.

Don't you enjoy watching big green guys jumping and roaring and throwing tanks around?

Jeee :rolleyes:

:D

Originally posted by pbguy1211

Hell, I didn't even like Spiderman that much. I mean it was okay... but it sure as hell wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

Bah, Spiderman was wonderful. They took an unlikely person, put him in a rediculous scenario, and he delivered. Just like the original comic intended. I may see Hulk, but I will wait and see what more of my friends say first. I mean say what you want, but the trailers look hopelessly stupid!:confused:

Archived