Home

=A= Where are you ?

Kwok69

I'm one of those lucky ppl who can't play SWG yet because of import delays :(

please, for us lost wannabes - tell us where u are, whats going on and what the atmosphere is like? Is it everything its been hyped to be? Is it all you expeted or more than that?

Also, can you post any links here to video footage of the game - wraith mentioned a video on starwarsgalaxies.net but i couldnt find it last night?

C'mon please put me out of my misery!:D

Kwok

Alright...

Here we go...:D

So after struggling for a couple hours (I *do* feel lucky about that - some didn't get in at all), I was able to get logged on, signed up, and create a character. I hit for Starsider first, but lost my connection (happed pretty often through the night) mid-tutorial. Now, I'm locked out of the server... OK... All things in stride...

I try to get back in...

Nada (esp. Nothing)...

No sweat... The tutorial gave me a taste, and boy was it enough! Now, considering I'm still running on my old system 'cause I was a "release date pessimist" and the visuals are impressive on my 64MB GeForce 2 (I know - YIKES!), I'm going to flip when the new box arrives... Anyway...

I jump back on after a quick dinner and, to my surprise, we're in business!

I create my backup character on Chilastra and head to Keren, Naboo. That's when it hits... THIS ROCKS!!!

I walk to the door from the spawn area and the closer I get the louder it is... peechewww... PEECHEWWW... I get to the door and a Human and a Rodian are having a go at dueling on the top of a mild slope that extended into this wicked Naboo sunset!!! At one point, they cross directly into the bright spot on the horizon and it was just the silhouette of the two of them, guns drawn...

I just sat back in my chair, sighed, and said, "yeah, well done."

So... Here I am gun in hand... Let's find some fun...

I ran up the hill past the dueling duo, and set my path to a gazebo overlooking the lake... (Ripples on the water and light effects are smokin!) I see two "!" pop up on both sides of me just to my front... and then it's ON!

Not heavy aggressors, but those Chubas aren't what I would classify as friendly!

The grass sways in front of me... The music kicks into the serious overtone overture, and then...

Hoppity hop, bite, OUCH... PEECHEWWW, PEECHEWWW!!! See ya!

That was fun...

So I sought more, and continued until I lost connection... I never could get back on, but I'm not upset...

'Cause I know what will greet me when I do!

I hope this gives you a little flavor!

Can't wait to see *you* too in Keren, Naboo!:D

Wombat

Originally posted by TheMaestro

First off...game rules.

Second off...=A= needs to set up an organizational system...so we can all really find each other in game.

Make things more fun

Yes that will all be done, wait till all us leaders and co leaders get our copys. Then the real thinking begins. :D

So Caveman and Murashu are on Moenia? Excellent. I was feeling lonely, and especially since it lags for me in cities something awful on opening day, I was not really enjoying myself going it alone. Some bandits kept deciding to be a little friendly, attacking me. I dispach them with the help of some Gungans, and I receive -190 faction standing: Plasma Thieves or something like that, and only gain +90 Akina Gungan faction standing.:D

There needs to be more artisans in there, as nothing was onsale at the local bazaar except for the wimpy starting knives... which, by the way, I am STILL using.:( The only delivery mission I could take was worth 2,349 credits.:D :D :D But it was across the planet in Kadaara, and NO ONE wanted to group with me to travel there.

I decide I will take all the credits for myself, and what could go wrong? Simple delivery mission IT turned out to be.:rolleyes:

I was on my way to Kadaara from Moenia with a datapad I was to bring to some hootin'nanny there. All was going well and not a single "evil" being in sight. But then lo' and behold! PLASMA THIEVES!!! They burst from the bushes and trees and catch me with nowhere to go but UP a mountain. They shout to me: "Those men will be the LAST of us you kill. I hope your ready to DIE, Arina!"

I was surprised they knew my name... but the surprise did not last long, as they killed me soon after. I respawned back in the foggy, swampy, desolate city that is Moenia, Naboo.

I need money! But as a brawler to start, it is harder to fight things without weakening them with a blaster first...

So that is my story, and I REALLY wish to group with someone else from =A= so I am not alone.

Here is a pretty cool story that happened to me yesterday. I had a destroy mission to kill a pantalope lair, so I set out to find it. I found it easily enough and started picking off the stragglers. I noticed some gigantic Humbaba (sp??) things over to the right but they looked pretty peaceful. Anyway, i'm beating the pantalope to death when the baby humbaba walks up to me then starts getting all scared! Then he ran over to his huge parents and started crying to them. About this time i'm thinking 'oh crap, I hope they dont just randomly decide to attack me!'. So anyway, after this baby goes freaking out its parents come running up to me. Luckily I just finished killing the pantalope and promptly sat down. This seemed to calm the little baby down, which it turn made its parents stop spazzing out. I guess he didnt like me fighting so close...must have scared him ;)

Hey everyone! I haven't been here in so long. I've been in the game, obviously, and things are going great. Froob (Patman, Grask (Jackrabit), Murashu's character (forgot his name, and his son, and I have been making groups occasionaly and go out hunting. The game was a little shakey at first and yes, there still are some bugs that will make you want to pull your hair out, but trust me, its no reason not to play the game. My character is in Theed, Naboo, right now and he is constantly traveling around the Planet. Fiba's advancing quickly - he's almost a Teras Kasi, w00t! Anyways, sorry I haven't been around in a while, and if you are playing the game add me to your friends list: Fiba'Ona Takalyyn

Anyone in th =A= ever need a weapon, come see me on Naboo, just /tell Dathan when you get there. I will give you a weapon in trade for simple things. Like bringing and hides to me, that I will still pay for.......

My Journey starts on Tatooine.

I am abrubtly dropped off at the starport in the very dusty, very sandy-brown city of Mos Espa. People are running everwhere. It's so busy it is difficult to know where to go. I am still upset with the way the Imperials handled my immediate past......And now they down the transport I was on. Not sure if I like them.

I look at my data-pad, bring up my map and locate the local brawler trainer. Figure I better be able to handle myself on Tatooine. Lots of shady people running around.

After some training, I exit town and do a few surveys to locate some metal and other chemicals I will need to make some weapons. Once I have located the highest concentration of each I head out.

My "radar" tells me where the animals or people are that would likely kill me. So I avoid them, for now.

A DAY LATER:

I have made several weapons, sold them on the bazaar, and have gained a lot of insight about this world they call Tatooine.

Inside I yearn to find my way to Naboo. I am not sure why. Must be my destiny.........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No RPing here Mods, just an account of the first day.

More later.

:D

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

hey well I wont have it for a while...:( I cant have it till end of july and I could have gotten it yesterday but parents think I spend to much time on computer.

No Jatari, persuade them pal. Come on, we got to have your brill self in the game. :D

Archived