Home

Calling all RPG enthusiasts and otherwise too...

Zygomaticus

Hey all,

I recently gained access to the ability to buy a computer game and I was wanting to buy an RPG this time.

I have previously never played or looked forward to an RPG game and so this is a first, and I was wondering if I could be given advice regarding which would be a good RPG to begin my Role-Playing career.

I had a couple in mind:

Neverwinter Nights (which really seems at the top of my list now, owing to all the rave reviews and to the words "Non-RPGers will have fun too" that I saw in them)

Baldur's Gate I/II (I've just heard that it's really good)

Those are the only ones I have in mind right now, and I was wondering if you guys could point me out to the better of the two, or any other game that I don't have in my "list" up there... ;)

Thank you :)

EDIT: wowie, just before I posted this my post count number was 4444...not gonna see something like that for another 1111 posts :D

I have played NWN at a friends house and I own BGII, and they are both excellent, first-class games. However, I have played BGII more, obviosly, so I am more inclined towards it.

And if u want more, PCGUK put BGII 4th in thier top 100 games of all time last year but NWN only came 15th, but hey, it's the top 100!

Yeah and like Eets said don't forget KOTR

Originally posted by krkode

Hey all,

I recently gained access to the ability to buy a computer game and I was wanting to buy an RPG this time.

I have previously never played or looked forward to an RPG game and so this is a first, and I was wondering if I could be given advice regarding which would be a good RPG to begin my Role-Playing career.

I had a couple in mind:

Neverwinter Nights (which really seems at the top of my list now, owing to all the rave reviews and to the words "Non-RPGers will have fun too" that I saw in them)

Baldur's Gate I/II (I've just heard that it's really good)

Those are the only ones I have in mind right now, and I was wondering if you guys could point me out to the better of the two, or any other game that I don't have in my "list" up there... ;)

Thank you :)

EDIT: wowie, just before I posted this my post count number was 4444...not gonna see something like that for another 1111 posts :D

GET ELDER SCROLLS 3!!

MORROWIND!!!!!!! thats the best rpg ever.

Archived