Home

Jedi Academy Release date CONFIRMED

Darth Stryke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize for me being so fast to post. I was just a bit excited :D Just wanted to point out this is not from Lucasarts, although jk2files.com has been very reliable in the past, so I believe them that this is the current official release, though it can still be pushed back (hope not)

I hope they start moving their marketing a bit now that mid-Sept. seems to be firming up. I haven't heard much out there since it was announced - no articles etc. It doesn't even have an "official" web site off the LA site. I hope they push this game as hard as they did JO because I think it'll be a big success.

Originally posted by Emon

Yeah, so ask for money so you can buy it...

Or you just say it is what you really want, and it is OK if you can't get it until 2 days later ...

Personally, I'm glad it is nowhere near anything ... I had to wait nearly a week (!) for JKII for my birthday (yes I could have bought it, but I'm a pain to shop for and so my wife and kids appreciate anything I can suggest :) )

Mike

Originally posted by Reprehence

I hope they start moving their marketing a bit now that mid-Sept. seems to be firming up. I haven't heard much out there since it was announced - no articles etc. It doesn't even have an "official" web site off the LA site. I hope they push this game as hard as they did JO because I think it'll be a big success.

I agree it is time to start the marketing machinery, but there IS a site (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/)

Mike

I agree it is time to start the marketing machinery, but there IS a site (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/)

You're right technically I guess. But you'll notice most of the games that are complete or near complete have an "official site" link on their page. KOTOR had this link months before it came out.

It tends to have a lot more content. Maybe they won't do it for JA - but it makes me wonder what they're up to.

Cool, I got a sticky :D

Anyways, I am sure they will start marketing it a lot more once the release date gets around and is more secure. I just hope it does not fall victim to one of those famous Lucasarts push-backs where the game is delayed for months. (KOTR was originally scheduled for winter 2002 for example)

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

i went into my game store today and they told me star wars jedi knight 3 : jedi academy will be out on the 1st of november. :D

Yes, but it takes rather a while to ship things from California to the Yavin Temple ... ;)

And HertogJan, I agree, but as the 'when's it coming out' threads have hit a fever pitch ... perhaps when the TRUE confirmation hits this gets unstuck.

Mike

it's been a while since i posted, i just happened to check the site from work, and Sep 16 sounds great!! but, in my view it's a bit too good to be true. how long has dev been? couple of months....??? don't get me wrong i'm all for the 16.

Originally posted by Prime

It has been in development since soon after JO was released, I believe.

Exactly. Numerous times they have stated that they started work soon after JO was released, and were really looking forward to taking advantage to what they had learned during JO and SoFII and the advances they had made to their engines.

Mike

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

funny, my local virgin megastore has the release date confimred for 5th september[u/], they are even taking pre-orders for it.

There's a simple explanation ...

... they are wrong!!!

;)

Mike

(edit: that is not me saying that I know anything for sure, just that everything points to mid-Sept, so it is likely that Virgin is incorrect)

Archived