Home

NEW ANIMATIONS IN JKA/JK2 - HowTo

ASk

Ok, I'd like to announce that we've gotten our hands on Raven's source files for all the JKA animations AND the source files for all the standard player models created by Raven. We're currently in the process of sorting thru all the data and getting it organized for release.

So far, we've released 3 packages, which can be found on lucasfiles.com:

Humanoid Animation Source Files

Player Model Source Files

Non-Humanoid Animations and Models Source Files

A big thanks to Keshire for talking Raven out of the files and then spending the time to organizing them.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4.2 :), I find no reason to currently upgrade.

And what problem are you having importing?

If its the name thing thats really not a problem. It should compile anyway. unless its crashing or something on export which I've noticed its prone to do.

You should upgrade to Max 5 or 6. I had to go back to Max 4 because Max 5 has authorization bugs and I don't want to go onto my other computer to do stuff, and when I switch it made me grateful for Max 5, the stuff in there is so much better than Max 4.

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix the problem in 3ds Max where you put a bone in one position in a frame, then put it in another position later and then the bone like dips to that position instead of going in a straight line?

Originally posted by darthviper107

You should upgrade to Max 5 or 6. I had to go back to Max 4 because Max 5 has authorization bugs and I don't want to go onto my other computer to do stuff, and when I switch it made me grateful for Max 5, the stuff in there is so much better than Max 4.

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix the problem in 3ds Max where you put a bone in one position in a frame, then put it in another position later and then the bone like dips to that position instead of going in a straight line?

Yes, infact I do. Click on the object with the animation. Go to the "Motion" tab, and to the "Key Info (basic)" You see those big squares with the blue lines inside them? Click on them and change them both to a straight line. Do this to all the frames.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived