Home

What are the differences of PC and PS2 versions of EMI?

nelsonjr

Well, I haven't been through the whole PS2 version yet, but a few thing to note...

- Smoother animations.

- Clearer sound.

- Virtually no iMuse (if any at all)...

- ... which probably is a result of having to pull everything from disc, which makes for some slowdowns in dialogue.

- Tons of concept art in the bonus section. (I'm working on trying to extract this, but no luck so far)

- Extra minigame.

- Monkey Kombat sheet included.

I'll post more if I can think of it.

I thought there were too, but the lines that I guessed were added were in the PC version too. I haven't played all the way through it though, so we'll see...

I wouldn't say the PS2 version is vastly better. The most noticable difference is that the controls work better with the gamepad and the clearer speech is nice. The omission of iMuse is disappointing, but it makes sense seeing that they couldn't do the HD caching they could do on the PC.

Too bad they didn't make an Xbox version, it would have the best of both worlds.

It stands for Interactive Music Under Sound Effects, and basically makes the music react to a player's actions. Typical example in MI2 is at the swamp by the Voodoo Lady's house. You enter the swamp and it's just simple little melody playing, you get into the coffin/boat and a bass line or something is added, you start rowing and a drum line starts playing. Another good example is in EMI on the Jambalaya map. When you row close to Jambalaya the music is in major, but the closer you get to Knuttin it shifts over to minor. Hope that helps.

I have the PC version but I think I heard somewhere that in the PS2 version the characters had twice as many polygons? though I'm not sure. Hey that Elephant smiley is from that old kiddie program Kids Pix :elephant: Um that has nothing to do with anythig. Whoops.

Both Murrayball and Monkey Invaders are available on the PS2 version.

To get Murrayball on the PC, spin Murray around until he starts repeating himself. Turn around so no objects are active on the line of the bottom of the screen, and type "murrayball" (without quotes). Then get ready for Pong heaven.

Originally posted by ATMachine

There's "Monkey Invaders" as well on PS2. You play as something (I can't remember what) shooting down heads of Ozzie, LeChuck, Murray, and Pegnose in a parody of Space Invaders.

Whoa, didn't know that.

Guess you learn something new every day.

So...is there a funky person out there who could supply me with a screenshot or two? If so, I'd really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived