Home

System Requirements (merged)

draadje

wrong i has i said before its on one cd and its 650 to 750 mb. do you guys not know that they use the same textures over and over again. i have a email from raven saying that and they dont lie about this. so take what i say because what you are hearing is just a Rumor.

----------------------------------------------

raven reply

the game still fits on one CD, so it will be between 650 and 750MB in size.

----------------------------------------------

^

i sent a question to raven about the game this is what i asked.

(Q) how big is the game going to be.

now if you look at the reply that is what Kenn Hoekstra said to the question. about Jedi Academy.

Again, it depends on what you expect to see. I have an old laptop that technically meets the requirements for JKII, but tell that to Kyle in the Swamp :eek:

My belief if that you need to look at SoFII, and Elite Force II, to see what to expect. The graphics from the latest movie look similar quality to Elite Force II, and we know many engine mods are similar to those done for SoFII. I found SoFII took more muscle than did JKII, as did EFII.

If you're scraping bottom now with JKII, JA won't be a beautiful thing, I think.

Mike

Hmmmm. My mate recently bought ummmm Unreal 2 I think and we tried to run it on my machine, and it sucked.

JK2 ain't bad, (I've been told that if you can see the sky, your doing fine) so i'm not too worried. ;)

Besides, i'll be on hols when JA is released, and won't get to play it for a while afterwards. :(

Ah well...:p

Originally posted by BawBag™

Hmmmm. My mate recently bought ummmm Unreal 2 I think and we tried to run it on my machine, and it sucked.

Unreal II sucks no matter what system you play it on ... it has nothing to do with the graphics :D

Seriously - I hope your system is enough that you can enjoy the game ... even if you can't get all of the cool new features.

Mike

Well if it's equivalent to EliteForce2, then I am definately due for an upgrade.

That game ran fine (the demo) until all those stupid crab monsters attacked me, then it lagged all to hell. ; p

Of course, it may have something to do with the fact that I haven't reformatted my windows system in 10 months and I refused to install DirectX 9 (I am still using 8.1a).

EF2 says it requires dx9, but it ran, just got bad as soon as enemies appeared on the screen. ; p

My system:

AMD Athlon 1 Ghz

GeForce2 GTS (32 mb) <--------- this I plan to upgrade in the next year or so to a Radeon AllinWonder Pro, as soon as I can afford it

256 mb pc133 ram

I'm not running WinXP, so that saves a little bit of memory...

I can run JK2 on high detail 1024x768 with simple shadows and 16 bit depth (and high res sounds), but it has some problems in the swamp levels in the rain. I doubt I'd be able to run JA on the same settings, probably have to downgrade the graphics even more.

Originally posted by txa1265

Unreal II sucks no matter what system you play it on ... it has nothing to do with the graphics :D

Seriously - I hope your system is enough that you can enjoy the game ... even if you can't get all of the cool new features.

Mike

:lol:

Yeah, Unreal 2 was kinda sucky. (Unfortunately I cant say ****)

But my machines rather new, and It won't be worth the £800 if it can't run JA. :mad:

Ta Txa.

;)

Just seen it on the new Jedi Academy website, the system requirements are REALLY low.

Windows 98/98SE/ME/2k/XP

100% Direct X 9.0a Comp

Pentium III or Athlon 450Mhz or higher

128Mb Ram required - 256Mb Recommended

32Mb Open GL 1.4 comp. PCI or AGP 3d Graphics accelerator

16 Bit Direct X 9.0a comp. Sound Card

A right relief that is for me. I was expecting the game to push my computer a little, but these requirements are great.

Originally posted by QuikSilver2889

Did they say how much space it would take up?

Doh...some people are never satisfied. j/k :p;)

The answer is...no. No hard disk space requirements have not been posted. Maybe they'll add that when they add some more spit and polish to the site. ;)

Originally posted by QuikSilver2889

aight my pc is beyond perfect for this game. I think i meet double the maximum requirements. All i really gotta do is get rid of alotta junk on my pc to make room. Did they say how much space it would take up?

My guess is more than the 100MB that Dark Forces will occupy forever on my Mac, and less than the >2GB that Unreal II wasted on my PC.

Mike

Well, from what Lucasarts has been saying about JA, it sounds like they will be pushing

the Quake III engine farther than ever before. So this should be the ultimate game

graphically that is based on the Quake III engine.

No doubt that will bump up the system requirements needed to get the same frame rate

that you got with JKII.

The system requirements are posted, and many were surprised.

They weren't all that different from JK2.

Now I would imagine if you want to MAX OUT all the settings and still get a reasonable framerate in both SP and MP, your machine will have to be slightly more powerful to do it with JA than to do the same with JK2. See the official site or Stormies FAQ for more info...

Yeah, a bit of a bump, but not too much. So most fans should be all set for JA.

But like you said, it depends on how you want to run it. Personally, I want 1024x768

with every detail option at Max, with 8x anisotropic filtering. And over 100

FPS at all times.

I'm getting a new system soon, so I don't expect that to be a problem. ;)

Archived