Home

Final Fantasy 11

BigTeddyPaul

Square has been very busy recently with the additions to the heart and award winning series with such titles soon to be released as FF Chronicles, FF X-2, and FF11.

Final Fantasy 11 has already been out in Japan FOREVER but they had many many many bug problems and they are still working them out for the US release. I for one though have been very excited about this game for over a year now and it will soon come out for the PC and PS2 although you will need some additional equipment to play with the PS. I believe it comes out at the end of October and is a MMORPG. I have never participated in one because I am cheap and cannot stand to pay to play a game you own but with this one I just might. I have resisted Galaxies but I don't think I can for FF.

Best site I could find was at playonline which is Squares place to showcase all their games. Anyone else have any information or thoughts? I am starved for info.

Link

BigTeddyPaul

I think I'm going to boycott FFXI. I don't think that Sqaure really did need to create a MMORPG to compete with all the others out there now. They especially didn't need to number this FF. *looks forlornly at his row of FF games from I to X*

Blah on Square for this. Bring on FFX-2 and FFXII!

Square made the ultimate blasphemy on the series when they made FFX. My god, the lack of freedom. Then, they proceeded to create another blasphemy when they decided to make an actual sequel. Look, Yuna. The guy NEVER existed, get over it! And now, we got Everqu...FFXI, my bad. I shudder to THINK what Square has instore next.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

Square made the ultimate blasphemy on the series when they made FFX. My god, the lack of freedom. Then, they proceeded to create another blasphemy when they decided to make an actual sequel. Look, Yuna. The guy NEVER existed, get over it! And now, we got Everqu...FFXI, my bad. I shudder to THINK what Square has instore next.

just lighten up and enjoy the game, yeah I missed having freedom and I hated having every single map be linear...but I still enjoyed it.

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Oookay. I guess not many hearts were captured. I liked FF10. When was it limiting? Took me almost 100 hours to beat the thing too and I still never finished everything.

BigTeddyPaul

Are you joking? When WASN'T it limiting? You get lead by the nose the whole game. Hell, you don't even get to fly the airship. And 100 hours? Man, I got everything and I went Blitzball crazy and beat it in 80.

And I can't enjoy a rpg where theres NO freedom, its too...ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MydnightPsion

Are you joking? When WASN'T it limiting? You get lead by the nose the whole game. Hell, you don't even get to fly the airship. And 100 hours? Man, I got everything and I went Blitzball crazy and beat it in 80.

And I can't enjoy a rpg where theres NO freedom, its too...ugh.

But weren't you just a little sick of always getting an airship at the end of the game, always having essentially the same storyline told in a different way, etc. etc?

I think that one of the factors that makes Square great is that they're always trying new things, or doing old things differently. It keeps the games fresh and new, even after the 10th+ iteration.

Archived