Home

The New Batman!

Boba Rhett

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MydnightPsion

MICHEAL KEATON!!! WHERES HE AT WHEN WE NEED BATMAN!!

Seriously...

Christian Bale SHOULD HAVE hung himself after Reign of Fire. This is going to be worse than George Clooney.

WHAT are you talking about? Sure RoF wasn't a good movie but it's still only one movie. o_O And it wasn't his part that made it a bad movie, either. Have you seen any of his other work?

And just for the record, I doubt it's physically possible to be worse than George Clooney.

Originally posted by TiBo

Christian bale is also going to play the werewolf teacher in Harry Potter 3. I have only seen him in "Emperor of the Sun", and he was like 10 years old in it.

Uh, no.

The "werewolf teacher" aka Remus Lupin has been cast for some time, since they began filming a few months ago. David Thewlis is playing the role.

Pffff... Another Batman movie, after the first one things got rediculous... Catwoman... Pffft... Riddler... Pffft....

I prefer the good ol' Batman TV Series, it looked so rediculous, hahaha!!! Still it was great :)

Ah I guess it's because we're not exactly comic-geeks... err... fans over here ;)

Originally posted by Dark Mercenary.

Lol, funny you mentioned cat women,

THEY ARE MAKING A CATWOMEN MOVIE TOO >_>

So I heard. With Halle Berry as said character isn't it?

Now there's continuity!

Batman II: Catwoman - Michelle Pfeiffer

Batman Spin-off: Catwoman - Halle Berry!!

12m.jpg = 22m.jpg

Almost as good as:

Batman I: Harvey Dent - Billy Dee Williams (y'know, Lando?)

Batman III: Harvey Dent - Tommy Lee Jones!

12m.jpg = 12m.jpg

You've got to admit there's a real talent at work somewhere! ;) And don't get me started on all the different Wayne/Batmen :mad: Keaton's the only one!

I also think they should have left the Batman franchise alone after Batman Returns, but we won't go into that ;)

B.

Interesting... it was Warner Bros. who held the licence for 'The Avengers' movie. I think, instead of making a fifth film about the Caped Cruisader, they should start planning 'The Avengers 2', bringing back Ralph Fiennes (see avatar), Uma Thurman and getting another classy villain along for the ride.

Just a thought. 'Batman' movies are always of high quality, so it should be a rather enjoyable piece in 2005. Looking forward to the release, my friends!

might work, but i have lost the faith.... :(

i would have payed good money to see a michelle pfieffer/tim burton catwoman movie a few years back... but this new one sounds so bad it isn't funny. Not only the terrible and completely miscast Halle Berry, but a completely new character, background and so on. Why even bother calling it catwoman?

Ghostrider is my fave superhero... but i really don't have much faith they will pull it off.

I would be excited abouth them making some of the classic batman stories into films... but considering i LOVED Knightfall and they turned Bane into a comedy flunky in B&R, and League of X Gentlemen is an amazing comic they turned into an aweful film I have no faith they will work at all.

PS/ For the best Batman ever, buy (on ebay or download) the BBC Knightfall radioplay (in surround sound). That rocked!

Mr. Chase Windu, have you REALLY sat down and looked at my avatar, signature and name? Asking me if I enjoyed the Avengers movie is like asking Saddam to be a good little boy and come out of hiding... pointless.

I absolutely loved 'The Avengers' back in 1998. Ralph Fiennes was amazing as John Steed (hence the name and avatar), Uma Thurman was great in the role of Mrs. Peel and Sean Connery brought scary class to a perfect villain.

The dialogue was witty, clever and imposing. The special effects, although just a storytelling tool, were fantastic. The plot was inventive, using nature as a weapon, and the action was quick, clear and well-executed. The surreal take on the Spy Genre, with the teddybears, killer mechanical wasps, quick-changing weather, walking on water and Mrs. Peel's drugged wander, achieved in creating another level to the movie which beats the predictable formats of your everyday James Bond film.

'The Avengers' is absolutely fantastic!

I wish they would have Val Kilmer return as Batman. He was the best Batman in my opinion...although since this is a prequel, then Bale is a good choice.

Of course, Christopher Nolan is also an excellent choice...he will make it a great film I am sure.

Swoosh

No, Kilmer is cool. I think he played Batman very well and I was pretty horrified when they announced Clooney was to be the next Batman.

Val Kilmer is a great actor...check out Heat, The Saint, or The Salton Sea if you don't believe me...he's a great action hero I think.

Swoosh

Clooney was miscast for the role. Even he admits it. Bruce Wayne/Batman is supposed to have a dark mystique about him, that of a tortured soul. Keaton captured that well. Kilmer tried, but over did it a bit. Clooney just does not have a dark anything about him. He was good playing Danny Ocean, but that's not that dark of a character. We will see what this Christian Bale guy does, but I am with Chase here, about 80-90% also depends on the director. Can you imagine anyone besides Brian Singer directing the X-Men movies at this point? Case closed.

Archived