Home

Release Date Question??

Blademaster_109

Sept 17th is the official in-stores date for the US.

Pre-orders MAY get it one day early (depending on how reliable they really are).

The rest of the world will get it in stores on the 19th.

(Xbox people will have to wait till November)

I've heard that stores can get in big trouble and fined if they sell it before the official date.

Apparently some guy in Turkey paid actual money for the beta in a store. Needless to say he got ripped off.. but we're not even counting that (still shaking my head about that one).

Originally posted by Omikron

Heh, nice work on the delete.

Anyway, how'd u get it early?

Early delivery or did the store sell it early?

I had preordered JO from gameplay.com, an online retailer here in the UK. They must have just decided to send the game out early, because I got it on the morning before the official day of release. And that was just using ordinary 1st class post. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Triple Post? What triple post? :D

Anyway...although it's due out on the 19th here in the UK, I'm hoping I get it a day early, like I did with Jedi Outcast. ;)

Heh, I got JO a day early too, the EB in my city put it out a day early :). I phoned EB and they said the 16th, yay.

Originally posted by Rassick

I don't know why it says the 17th. Practically every game and DVD in history has come out on Tuesdays. And this Tuesday is the 16th. :D

So maybe we have to wait till next Tuesday the 23th...

I just found this on Amazon(.de), they ship the game on the 18th!

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009P50Q/qid=1063560847/sr=2-1/ref=sr_aps_prod_1_1/302-0042197-5066424

Distributor companies are finding that there is a MUCH higher demand than there is a supply, so even LucasArts had to email individuals saying that their pre-order was put on BACK ORDER. So and to answer Kurgan's reply, it seems that certain stores, like Gamestop and Electronics Boutique have some kind of contract with their distributor that allows them to release a day early ONLY to those who have pre-ordered. Those who did NOT place a pre-order will have to wait till the 17th at the earliest to get theirs.

Hmm....well I live in British Columbia (Canada), and I just got a futureshop flyer saying the 26th :eek:, but the box cover of JA shown in the flyer said the 16th.....I assume it was a typo.....a very nasty one. If it is released on the 19th, our school has a non instructional day on Friday so it will be the perfect opportunity :).

Archived