Should Arnold be governor in California

vegietto

should Arnold be governor of California  

19 members have voted

1. 1. should Arnold be governor of California

• yes
    • no

I'd pick for Arnold.

Why? Because he's probably one that is going to put more funds on education..

And damnit, I want paper in my school!>_<

(No,seriously. My school's budget is bad enough so that they have trouble supplying my teachers, and then the teachers usually need to buy the supplies with thier pay.)

The problem with the education system in California is neither the kids or the teachers get the money they need. Instead, for every 1 teacher in California, there is 1 administrator. What do all of these administrators do? Probably nothing beyond attempting to secure more money to hire more administrators and give current ones raises.

There are so many things screwed up in this state due to Gray Davis it makes me sick. If you feel like hearing about them, I'll be glad to tell you more.

Originally posted by Swoosh

The problem with the education system in California is neither the kids or the teachers get the money they need. Instead, for every 1 teacher in California, there is 1 administrator. What do all of these administrators do? Probably nothing beyond attempting to secure more money to hire more administrators and give current ones raises.

There are so many things screwed up in this state due to Gray Davis it makes me sick. If you feel like hearing about them, I'll be glad to tell you more.

Gray Davis' only goal seems to be is to stay in office.

He passed the illegal immigrent driver's license thing only to get re-elected. He didnt talk much(if at all) about it only until we got to the prelimitary election polls.

(Yeah,I'd like to hear about his screwups. I do live here, after all)

the illegal immigrant driver's license is only an attempt to appeal to latino voters. Davis needs their support now more than ever, and with the stereotype that conservatives are racists, and since they were the only ones sensible enough to oppose this bill, he has probably suceeded.

Why do illegal immigrants deserve driver's licenses? I have NO idea. I haven't heard one argument actually supporting this issue. I think what should happen is when an illegal is stopped by an officer, they should be arrested and put on a bus BACK to mexico.

Let's not even go into the discussion about terrorists now being able to get a driver's license through this program...I think the obvious dangers can explain themselves.

Now, another possibly bigger issue that Davis has miserably failed on is the worker's compensation issue. Republicans have been fighting to get bills passed to reform the worker's compensation system with no success. Davis has refused to take action on the matter himself...no one knows why, but it is safe to assume campaign contributions have something to do with it.

Let me quote a handout I got from my local Costco last weekend:

"Costco Wholesale pays the highest wages and provide the best benefits in the retail industry. However, our workers' compensation expense in California represents 70% of our total cost for all 36 states where we do business, even though California is home to only 36% of our employees.

If workers' compensation costs continue to spiral out of control, large employers like us will have no choice but to move operations and employees out of California."

Personally, my parent's business has been affected by this. Instead of paying $300 a month per employee...when they renew their workers' comp plan, they will be paying $900 a month per employee. Fortunately my parents only have one employee, who they plan on making into a co-owner to avoid these costs, but others are not as lucky. Businesses will be going out of business and moving throughout California until this problem is solved.

I could write more maybe...but I have to go to school so I do well and can move out of this state when I graduate.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Arán

No I wouldn't want Arnold Scwarzenegger

I think his best words he ever said was "Asta la vista Baby!

I found out that it really bothers him when people will just come up and say that to him.:D

Personally, I think he's smart enough he could do the job. Why not have him for governor?

If Jesse the Body Ventura can do it (a man dropped on his head countless times throughout his wrestling career and don't say it don't hurt. I've been slammed in a wrestling ring and it may be padded but I've seen a sheet of paper take more shock away), anybody can.

And apparently he should be considering he won and all.

Yeah it's a touch to late for this thread, but still, I'm not sure Ahhnold is the best choice for California. In one of his debates, he told the other candidate he had a great role for her in Terminator 4. I thought that was hilarious but even more so how she reacted to it. She thought he was threatening her, which he might have been doing subtly. But still. It was great. They had it on Imus the next morning.

Originally posted by amadeus

Yeah it's a touch to late for this thread, but still, I'm not sure Ahhnold is the best choice for California. In one of his debates, he told the other candidate he had a great role for her in Terminator 4. I thought that was hilarious but even more so how she reacted to it. She thought he was threatening her, which he might have been doing subtly. But still. It was great. They had it on Imus the next morning.

Was he offering her a role for one of the bad guys? If so, he might have been hinting "You're dead.":p :D

Well, since he got voted in then yes. But if it means there won't be a Terminator 4 or it will get delayed then no.

BTW are illegal immigrants allowed to vote or will it sway voters who are friends with illegal immigrants?

Does it really seem as weird as it sounds?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived