Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

I have another question,

When on the Hoth level you are wearing a Jacket and Different trousers, you've metioned above the commands for the different models if we wish to change are player model anytime in-game, but can we change to the Hoth clothing on any level, if so what command do we put ?

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should all express some thanks to Chang for responding on this forum. A lot of game designers never do that kind of thing.

And Chang, I'm with Wheelchairboy on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Might we see it in an upcoming patch?

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

Yay I got it working :cool: so I will tell now how it works because it is the only way to change your appearance on the fly and to know what will be the end result. ChangKhan the .pk3 files was the needed advice. Sure it reads the ingame.txt from assets1.pk3. So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3. Now you can open the Charactermenu with "uimenu charactermenu" in the console. Change your appearance there and exit means use BACK button or press escape. DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SABERMENU IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR STANCE AND STYLE. When I entered that menu and left than I had staffstyle with one single saber and only yellow and red stance. After you left the menu immediately type playermodel player in the console. Do not run or jump around since the information of your appearance change WILL be lost!

Thats it have fun with that, the possibility really makes sense when you go the dark path since it allows you to change your appearance to look more Dark Jedi (Twilek is perfect. There is a set of all dark clothes)!

Thx ChangKhan for giving me the right idea :cool:

Oh one more thing. Since you said you would not advice to do that because load times increase. On my system (Athlon 2000MHz, 500MB DDR RAM) I couldn't note that the load time significantly increases. The impact on the load times must be near zero (at least for me)!

Originally posted by Durocha

Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.

I'll have to try it out, i was wondering about that the other day.

I was trying to do something by putting a "!" somewhere in the bind value, but that didn't change ne thing. Maybe Chang can help u out with the crouch key.

P.S. Chang - I also wanted to thank you for takin' the time to comment in the forums, it's greatly appreciated, at least it should be, :)

Correction: When you are in the Character Menu you HAVE to klick the next button. If you just change your appearance and hit back or press escape the change WON'T be registered. After you select your new outfit klick next you are now in the saber menu. hit back 2 times or press escape. Now type playermodel player and you should look like what you selected in the Character menu. However as a mood point I found out that the entering of the saber menu will screw staffstyle (you have a single saber) though not dual saber. To bring your staff back type "saber dual_?; (? replaced by number 1-5 to select the respective hilt) sabercolor [your choice]" in the console.

Originally posted by killer173

just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt

Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:

Originally posted by Kurgan

Note on dismemberment:

Ok, I can't quite get this to work, when I enter off quicksave it dismember and when I bring up ctrl+~ theres a message at the top that says its write protected. I got this to work once on the last level but thats it, it wouldn't work for Taspir. Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by ninja

does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.

can anyone help me with this please?

Originally posted by Darth-Ra

Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:

yeah im doing it in single player, after i loaded a level, i type

helpusobi 1

saber sith_scepter

ive gotten the sword to work, but not the scepter.....does nething else have to be enabled?

Matt

Originally posted by Flashblade

So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3.

I thought you might try that, but I wanted to warn you, first, that doing this has altered your assets1.pk3 file and you will no longer be able to play on "pure" multiplayer servers. It will know your copy of assets1.pk3 and the server's are different and will not allow you to connect to the server (if it's pure). This is done to prevent cheating.

Perhaps, instead, you should make a *new* pk3 file with *just* the new ingame.txt in it (and restore your retail version of the assets1.pk3). Name it anything that comes alphabetically after "assets1" (so that it will override the ingame.txt in assets1).

Uhhh you are right of course :o. I thought about a downloadable minimod so that not everyone had to do this. I thought it wasn't worth the effort since you still had to get the altered ingame.txt into assets1.pk3. I absolutely forgot about this easy way thx for reminding me of it!

EDIT: I submitted the minimod to lucasfiles.com however since it can take some time til they have it up if you want to grab it now go here:

Character and Appearance Selector 1.0

Archived