Home

The Official 'Help with Coruscant' (Droids) thread *SPOILERS*

Vader10

Yes, you could use a gun or blaster, but a jedi would not resort to such tactics :D

If you want to kill them with your saber easily, this is my method.

Use the blue "fast" stance.

Just sit there crouched right on the outer reach of their force feild and wait for them to drop it ( they cant shoot with their force fields up).

As soon as they do lower the field, do the

crouch + forward + attack

instant kill hit with your saber there you swoop it forward and up.

It takes about 3-4 hits with this method.

If your succumbing to the darkside, and you have force lightning, this is also very effective against the assassin droids.

Very effective indeed,.....

Originally posted by vandannski

Wait for them to drop the shields, put force speed on, and the kata move for fast stance. If you dont have the fast stance, just any combo of moves. They should drop before their shield comes back up.

ditto

:)

throw in a bit of force ligtning in there too

The lightsaber is the preferred weapon of the Jedi. It's not their only weapon. They know how to shoot as well, you know. ;)

Personally, I don't think Jedis would have any qualms against using a blaster when the situation calls for it. For example, Luke still used his blaster even after getting his lightsaber.

Two words: Thermal Detonator (probably just butchered the word Detenator..or however you spell the damn word.)

I also did the lightsaber trick.

Jedi Mind Trick is a great way to beat the hover troopers.

However, is there an easier way to beat the troopers in the huge bulky armor than using the gun you get when you hit 9 (I think it's the Concussion Rifle). Whenever I go close to saber, I get a few hits in, then they backhand me and shoot me with the gun I started using to fry them.

And yes, the Lightsaber is the symbol of the jedi, and is a tool of their trade with multiple uses. Some jedi only use lightsabers, but the ones with practical combat experience (like Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn (your master in the game ;) ) ) know that sometimes "Hokey religions and ancient fossils are no match for a good blaster at your side" even if said fossil is a "more elegant weapon from a more civilized age".

Elegance and finesse are great, but sometimes raw power fits the job better after all.

Hey all, I found this out my second time through the game. The first time I used the speed + slash away method, but that took several repetitions and I would forget to back up by the time the shield came back up. So, the second time around, I just turned on speed and did the roll stab, doesn't particularly matter which style, as long as it connects. One stab was usually enough to dismantle the droid into its components. Oh, and this was on Jedi difficulty, so I dunno if they have more HP or whatever on higher difficulties.

Just time it right, a single roll+stab will kill a full health assassin droid.

In the room with 4 of them, I chucked a few detonators in there, if you get enough in there before they start leaving the room, you can maybe get 2 of them.

But yeah, always choose a DEMP gun. One of the most versatile but underused/rated weapons. And considering you can pick up many other weapons from any common enemy, why not take a DEMP? They come in handy often enough.

The ruin droid enemies, good on heavy troopers as well - and can even stun a standard Rancor (haven't tried the mutated one)!

This is the one with the assassin droids right? You have to kill them, then the misson will end automatically.

This is one of the few times you should listen to the mission briefing. As you'll be facing droids the DEMP2 is useful. Two rounds into each droid should do the trick.

The one time I tried to close with one of these guys I got a nasty shock - the DEMP2 is pretty essential IMHO

I suspect other people on the other thread regarding this mission have already mentioned this, but its a few pages down in the forums, so I'll save you the trouble looking for it. If you didn't bring along the demp, don't worry. Turn on speed when their shields go down, run, and do the rolling stab with forward + crouch + primary attack. One should be enough to kill each. If you can't do the stab, just use your saber and slice once or twice. Any more slices and you won't run away in time to avoid its shield turning back on.

(no particular order)

#1: DEMP - what it exists for

#2: DET Packs - make sure shield is down

#3: TDet's

#4: Force Lightning - for you DarkSiders!

#5: Speed & Saber - make sure you are close, hit fast, and get out.

> Saber techniques:

- Lots o'swings

- Throw - just make sure it doesn't get trapped in the shield

- 'Fast' lunge

- Rolling Stab

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Archived