Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

Originally posted by boinga1

And why does everyone pretend my posts don't exist? You all act like Al is the only one saying anything. I'm here too, I'm talking! :)

Didn't anyone tell you? You/Al/me are all the same person! With a split personality!

@You/Al/me: Let's spawn more personalities so that we can pretend there are more of us!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And why does everyone pretend my posts don't exist? You all act like Al is the only one saying anything. I'm here too, I'm talking!
Spider AL appears to be a magnet for negative fewls and their ire. Go fig. ;)

Don't worry Boinga, I know you exist. And what you say, makes sense.

Ok then al whatcha think bout puting sum cvar commands or an option menu for s/o ctf?
Sure, if it's only NG CTF, and if Raven is requested by all your NG CTF mates not to include any other gameplay changes in the patch.

@You/Al/me: Let's spawn more personalities so that we can pretend there are more of us!
You're on! What shall we call this new persona? How about... Governor Arnold?

You go right ahead Side, but remember this condition:

"Sure, if it's only NG CTF, and if Raven is requested by all your NG CTF mates not to include any other gameplay changes in the patch."

So start getting your friends to come onto this thread and demand that no other gametypes be affected, and that no other gameplay alterations be made. ;)

Originally posted by FurionStormrage

INcoRRECT as always, the whiner dog! Sabres BLOCK. There is no such block for KICK!

To me, you seem like the guy who stays still through the duration of a duel and presses the mouse1 button occasionally. If you don't want to get hit, your best bet is moving. Staying still to block a saber isn't going to work every time. Personally, I'd rather move when someone swings a saber at me.

As for kicks, I always roll out of the way of a guy trying to kick me. If he happens to score a kick but not a knockdown, there's a tiny period of time when he's still in the air even after contact which you can use to pull him down to you and kick him right back. This won't be the case in JA though even if the kick gets put back in because you can just spring right back up after knockdown and damage the guy who kicked you.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

To me, you seem like the guy who stays still through the duration of a duel and presses the mouse1 button occasionally. If you don't want to get hit, your best bet is moving. Staying still to block a saber isn't going to work every time. Personally, I'd rather move when someone swings a saber at me.

Why should I change a strategy that works? I kill my opponent most of the time...

Think JA should be changed somehow:

[div3rse.jello]

[div3rse.syn]

[div3rse.draco]

Side

the weiner dog!

traj

BigFurryWhale

The Undisputed

Comm 539

dyehead

megafu

fk | screed

Rumour

Th4tguy

Doctor Shaft

=X= Master Hex

CaptainJackZ

JaledDur

[nWo]Filth

Pyro

[fk]myth

SonGohanX

ic0n

SoulWraith

Guardian Omega

SuperNub

skinnypoo

[fk[mediablitz

blahbert

Zappa_0

Khier Serakk

g//plaZma

Flashram

[D]Fugs

derekdrygon

Blankie

Ardent

JarJarBinks

Jeff 42

InfErnO

Destino

noide

Imperial_thug

Spacebutler13

Poison

Rad Blackrose

NITEMARE

thelastaod

SatsuJin

Bladedog

kazesan

CanadianSurfer

Leave JA the way it is

Catalyst

Spider Al

Furion Stormrage

Reapy

Master Darkstar

Bacon000

Agen_Terminator

WaveV1589

skywalker19

Kusanavi

Sith_Shadowcat

Jah Warrior

Bloodriot

boigna1

Gabrobot

darth_michael

AxVegetA

The people that were left out weren't clear enough on their views of changes in JA. They liked some aspects of it, they didnt like some others. Either that or they just flamed us with stuff like "saber only CTF is gay" .

Unhappy: 53

Leave JA: 17

You can count them for yourself if you don't believe me.

you need to take a few points off the last list dude, some of their guys don't even have the game yet, like vegeta.

:p

and hell you know as well as I do if we got all of the people from the ff/so community to get of their lazy ass and make an account, these forums would be over run with hate on this game.

why they will post on our/their clan forums but not here is beyond me...

:mad:

wtf you have to go to LA to get jello? Lame.

I think Jello's post more or less sums it up. The majority of vocal persons seem to be in favor of changes to JA. The minority that doesn't are not, from what I can see, the kind of people who'll be playing the game six months from now.

This raises the question of what Raven's plan-of-action is; are they interested in the long-term audience or are they trying to get the instant-gratificiers in with multiplayer gameplay (as it's generally accepted that the single player gameplay draws in that focus group).

Really, I don't have problems with the single player except for a few bugs I'm sure will be resolved. But I have serious issues with the MP. Seems like this is a case for a lot of people. I don't like MP right now, so I play single player a bit more...

I just love it when people bring out the ol' "so many people are saying this needs to be changed. IT MUST BE CHANGED!"

In almost every game, you have the MAJORITY of people who like the game and, therefore, do not post because they don't need to post. Then you have the VOCAL MINORITY of people who, for whatever reason, dislike the game and post (and post and post) until their point is conceded to only because everyone is tired with arguing the same point over and over again.

IF you feel that your assertion is correct, and IF you think that the majority of the players are going to vote the way you do then quite seriously start a petition and get votes for people to agree with you. IF you got any where near the votes to approach 20% of the sales of this game, THEN you may have a point. My bet is you would get considerably less...

I think if 100% of the Jedi Academy MP community were to hear the pleas of those requesting changes, at least 20% of them would vote in favor of some adjustment.

That's just my opinion, I have no facts to support that.

Then again, you don't have any facts to refute it, either.

So that was a silly suggestion, no?

NO! NOT FFA! NOT DUEL! NEITHER ONE IS A STALEMATE!

FFA IS NOT A STALEMATE. DUEL IS NOT A STALEMATE. NO DUELER OR FFA'ER HAS EXPRESSED A DESIRE TO PORT OVER KICK.

You people don't even claim to PLAY these modes, yet you want to change them. NO NO NO NO NO!

Changing s/o ctf- maybe ok.

changing any other mode: unacceptable as of now.

thats where you would be wrong.

plazma, wiener, myself, and most of the rest of these people duel.

i know i played plazma last night ff/so duel.

guess how long it took us to get a kill? anyone?

3 hours. and that was only after doubling the damage because with the force cost of specials and the nerfed saber damages, it was impossible to do any significant damage, especially when you tried holding mouse1 to saber them all they have to do is run in a circle and they won't be touched.

Option just in saber only CTF. It seems to be the only game modes that needs it. Why put in others where it will be spammed, when the whole reason it was removed was to PREVENT spammage?

then what do we use to prevent spammage of kata's and the other uber moves? oh wait, we don't care, because they take no skill to avoid.

Originally posted by dyehead

I think if 100% of the Jedi Academy MP community were to hear the pleas of those requesting changes, at least 20% of them would vote in favor of some adjustment.

That's just my opinion, I have no facts to support that.

Then again, you don't have any facts to refute it, either.

So that was a silly suggestion, no?

It would help if you read it again.

IF 20% of EVERYONE HERE, voted to change the game in some way, that does not represent 20% of the PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME. It is true that the people who come here are a subset of people who bought the game, but they do not represent the entirety of the people who bought the game.

Here, let's even tilt this in your favor. Everyone who registers the game will be given a chance to take this survey. I would still hazard to bet that not even 20% of everyone who bought the game would answer this survey in your favor.

So, start greasing someone's backside at Lucas. :)

Originally posted by FurionStormrage

Aaaaah! So you don't HAVE to move out of the way for sabres! You have a CHANCE at blocking! Thanks for proving my point (again).

seems to me that to evade secondary repeater fire as well as golan and rockets you have to move and use force powers.

wouldn't it just be dandy if your saber did it for you?

Archived