Home

Dual Saber...

ManaMana

What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?

• Dual Saber is the BEST! And I mean it!
    • Saber Staff... SAAAABEEERSTAFF!!! (Rushes to JA and starts to kill stormtroopers)

I've found that if I use the single sabre or the staff I kill more than I get killed, but if I use the dual sabres I get my ass handed to me in my hat and sent on my way.

It's probably because it's way too flashy and I get more distracted by the whirling blades than my opponents do. Not to mention the way the attacks seem to work.

With a single sabre or staff you press left and attack, lo and behold, you attack to (or sometimes from, depending) the left.

With the dual sabres you press left and attack, you flail your arms around a bit in a big spin and THEN attack to (or from) the left. Even with all the 'fast' moving attacks it seems dual sabres attack slightly slower then the others.

Or not. Whatever.

Anyway, I go staff all the way, mostly because it's just cool, and Kun is my hero.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my philosphy on the saber system in JK3 is just simply an expanded form of jk2's

Jk3 Singe=Jk2 Red/Offensive

Jk3 Staff=Jk2 Yellow/Medium

Jk3 Dual=Jk2 Blue/Defnsive

So, SIngle saber has an advantage over staff

staff has an advantage over dual

and dual has an advantage over single

the thing is that dual and staff players are mostly n00bs somewhat. Thats why single saber players beat staff and dual players, cause all the n00bs do is hold attack and run around.

Though there are blademasters of teh dual and staff out there, few but they are there, its just the single saber players have not discovered them yet, but I'd say a couble months and staff an dual masters well apear all-over the jk3 online world:cool:

to bring the topic back on topic... :p

i would say single sabers all the way i like the blue stance i like to kill with speed i usually jump in and do a quick right attack then roll back puch then if that doesnt work do jumpy moves :D then a kata then i just go all out kamakazee wwith a couple of throws

i only have the demo but getting the full soon

i find duals to be too hard to control and attacks r too cheesy plus all moves i find r really easy to counter when up against a dualer plus when u think about it when u r in a saber lock they hold their sabers in a X like formation so really it would just be like pushing open a door and ur attack would go straight through and yay i win :p

I've been playing the SP some more and have decided that my favourite sabre goes single>staff>dual.

The dual just doesn't have a good feel for me. Although it has an obvious superiority when you enter a sabre lock and throw one of the sabres to kill the other person. That happened to me and I simply said "WTF!?"

The strong style just seems so powerful. Swiping straight through anything in your way. I like to use a medium/fast style until I have them in a compromised position and I can bash straight through with the strong.

That'd probably take more skill against a real person though.

Oh, and the staff is just sweet. :)

ALRIGHT. This one time, i was playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and we all decided to have a party. We all sat around and used bow emotes, and only walked, and pretended to be droids. We ate e-cake, and played with out dual sabers. it was very comical, and we all had a good laugh.

Originally posted by ic0n

ALRIGHT. This one time, i was playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and we all decided to have a party. We all sat around and used bow emotes, and only walked, and pretended to be droids. We ate e-cake, and played with out dual sabers. it was very comical, and we all had a good laugh.

I have done the same thing, friend. Was this party hosted by Great Jedi Master Windu by any chance? <3

The point of a duel is to win the duel. Using "spam" moves is part of the game. BTW: the ones who complain about people spamming moves are the ones who get beaten. LOL and about the true best players using singles... that is crazy. So IF a single user gets beaten over and over by a dual saber or staff user, they are still be best? Makes no sense at all.

I was very good at jk2 but I choose to use staff or dual sabers in ja because they are way more fun and also way more effective.

All the talk about spamming a move is stupid. If people don't like the spamming of a move then stop playing sabers and do guns or go back to playing the boring style in jk2. Better yet, go back to playing jk1... and just shut up!

What's next? Somebody complaining that a player is spamming run or jump?

http://www.cryptkeepers.vze.com Come visit us. We have some of the finest spammers around....

Archived