Home

Official Return of the King Running Time

Boba Rhett

Face it...they are stealing money from us all!!!!!

I'm tired of it...first we buy VHS, then VHS - REVISED - then its SE and then its widescreen and fullscreen and then there's DVD and then there SE DVD, Fullscreen and widescreen and then theres the extended edition and then in 10 years they will release on some tiny little microchip w/ some new "never before" seen scenes!!!

ahhhhhhh

/endrant

Originally posted by STTCT

Face it...they are stealing money from us all!!!!!

I'm tired of it...first we buy VHS, then VHS - REVISED - then its SE and then its widescreen and fullscreen and then there's DVD and then there SE DVD, Fullscreen and widescreen and then theres the extended edition and then in 10 years they will release on some tiny little microchip w/ some new "never before" seen scenes!!!

ahhhhhhh

/endrant

There are even more "never before" seen scenes?!?!?! Anyone have a time machine so I can go 10 years into the future to get the microchip version???

It's not stealing BTW. I'm very happy to spend my $ on LOTR. I don't think they have LOTR on VHS. I only bought the DVDs. And do they even have a fullscreen DVD?

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Longer does not necessarily mean better.

Didn't Peter Jackson swear that the theatrical release of the movies would never go beyond 180 minutes for any of the three volumes? Did they just forget or what?

Did he put it in writing and sign it? Otherwise, I'm sure he can do what he's doing now... ;)

Either way, I agree, longer doesn't mean better, but Peter Jackson hasn't disappointed me so far, and I don't expect him to any time in the future. Hence my excitement over this news. :)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Turns out Return of the King clocks in at... drum roll please,

Three hours and Thirty minutes!

Thank you and good night.

sweeet *rubs hands together*

Archived