Home

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

monsoontide

glad someone likes it :)

monsoontide, are you gona make the aklay bigger?

And that would be really cool if the ewok glider glided, is that how its gona be or is it going to be like a jet?

Good thing about having to wait is that allot more models will be out by the time I get it :)

still sucks though...

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, i finaly fixed the fault i made with the dewback, the animation i made till now workes right now. i am correcting the size and the driver possition now, when i am done that, the dewback is redy for a first beta. we need to figur out his movement speed, and all the animation that would look good on it.

btw, never ever mirror bones! in 3ds max it workes but JA cant handle it and you get horrible touble!

Just wanted to inform you all that I've started a new thread in the showcase forum exclusively for the Dewback. Currently features a couple of EARLY in-game shots.

Updates for the other vehicles will still continue in this thread for a bit - though they may each get their own thread as they become closer to completion.

:D

Originally posted by kmd

i will happily beta test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Originally posted by Bowas5

I can test it if you want to.

You know, beta testing involves more than just getting the mod before everyone else (and sending "wow this is awesome great job dude keep it up" back to the author). It involves TESTING out all aspects of the mod and reporting all comments, questions, bugs, suggestions, and feedback to the author. And then deleting the beta version of the mod.

Just thought I'd point that out since monsoontide had some problems getting people to report back on the Sith Speeder...

Yes - very acurate wedge!

The lack of extensive testing & feedback was one reason we missed the problem with the Sith Speeder's mine weapon not working properly in single player mode. (And partially my fault for not setting a proper testing schedule)

The whole thing with Beta testing is to work out any problems/improvements the vehicle/player model/map may have/need and reporting them back to the author.

Beta's are by their very nature UNFINISHED!

I will be selecting Beta testers primarily from those who have already proven themselves good at this work and perhaps a couple of other new people to replace anyone who didn't send feedback (Most people have good intentions but it's following through that counts) - but when we announce Beta testing AND ONLY THEN - you are welcome to put your names up :D

This is all really to ensure the final release is the best we can possibly make it and as professional as possible :D

Originally posted by imyourfather

Everyone wants to be a beta tester :rolleyes:

I wonder how much would really give monsoontide feedback...

I would if I was the beta tester :p I always report back to the author about their mods if i beta it.. I mostly beta maps though...

@Monsoon

Models are looking nice :p (everyone says that)

I was wondering though.. On the dewback. Will you be making it so that the player models legs don't cut into the model?

There's absolutley NOTHING that can be done about the positions the riders are in on the vehicles until Raven FINALLY release the source code and people can change the player animations - though apparently that's not a piece of cake and can easily cause a boat load of problems - SIGH.

So really I'm either stuck with the riders looking silly or I can just hide them which also looks silly.

As far as Vader's Tie Fighter goes, there's already a model in the models/ships folder (Or one of the other folders) - all someone has to do is convert it into a vehicle. Not really my territory - I'm only working on stuff that doesn't already exist (Well, mostly anyway).

Nym:

Originally posted by monsoontide

when we announce Beta testing AND ONLY THEN - you are welcome to put your names up :D

It's my experience that the first question anyone asks in a showcase thread is, "When will it be released?" and the second question is, "Can I beta test?" Usually the hopeful tester has no interest in helping out the modder, he or she just wants to get their paws on the map/model sooner. Let Monsoon work, he's doing a great job, he'll ask for you all to beta when he needs it!

Archived