Home

Last planet *SPOILERS*

Neverhoodian

I was sorely dissappointed with the look of Korriban in SP. I mean, it's a burial place of the SITH, right? Shouldn't the planet look more sinister and dark, then?

I was hoping Korriban would be a hellish place where massive obsidion temples are suspended over gigantic pools of lava. Kind of like Ganon's castle in the Legend of Zelda; OOT or Mordor. The ground, instead of sand, could be volcanic rock, barren of all plant life, again like Mordor. I read in a book that nightmarish Dark-side creatures roam the planet killing any tresspassers. Would it be too much to ask to have something like that?

And then there's the sky. Personally, I didn't like the clear, blue, healthy looking sky. The sky should've been a dark, dirty gray, with black clouds swirling about. Blood red lightning would crackle down with thunder booming. High winds would sweep the landscape, creating lonely and ominous howling noises. To top it all off, the Sith spirits could talk to you. You're walking along, when suddenly a sinister voice whispers "Leave this place, Jedi," the voice seemingly coming from everywhere. You jump and whirl around...but no one's there.

So how do you envision Korriban? Did you not care for it as well, or is the game version fine for you?

MAN IM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THAT ONE!!! tou are so right dude thats exactly how t should be like some hellis creatures that defend the burial place like in jk the mystries of the sith and sand could be darker yeah like mordor hmm cant think of that lava idea :p and yes the sky and so on good idea! hope they read this!

Well they at least managed to break a stereotype lol. But if they made it all dark some people might have complained of Raven copying LEC with remaking the sith temple from MotS.

I'm not disappointed with the final level, that and I had too many cultists to worry about to admire the architecture. XD

To be honest, I would have preferred that they remade the Dromuun Kaas level from MotS. I totally agree with Neverhoodian on this. Whenever Korriban is mentioned, I always think of a dark, blasted wilderland in constant turmoil, with shattered peaks stabbing out of the ground like rotten teeth, and thunder-choked heavens spewing acidic rain.

It should have been dark and oppressive. I agree that there should have been some hideous beasts lurking around, ready to take down the unwary.

The level in MotS oozed atmosphere...whereas Korriban seemed like a walk on a pleasure-beach. I didn't feel the weight of all those dead Sith pressing down on me...

I wouldn't mind seeing Korriban retextured...and add some rain, sounds of wind howling, lightning arcing across the heavens...

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I was sorely dissappointed with the look of Korriban in SP. I mean, it's a burial place of the SITH, right? Shouldn't the planet look more sinister and dark, then?

I was hoping Korriban would be a hellish place where massive obsidion temples are suspended over gigantic pools of lava. Kind of like Ganon's castle in the Legend of Zelda; OOT or Mordor. The ground, instead of sand, could be volcanic rock, barren of all plant life, again like Mordor. I read in a book that nightmarish Dark-side creatures roam the planet killing any tresspassers. Would it be too much to ask to have something like that?

And then there's the sky. Personally, I didn't like the clear, blue, healthy looking sky. The sky should've been a dark, dirty gray, with black clouds swirling about. Blood red lightning would crackle down with thunder booming. High winds would sweep the landscape, creating lonely and ominous howling noises. To top it all off, the Sith spirits could talk to you. You're walking along, when suddenly a sinister voice whispers "Leave this place, Jedi," the voice seemingly coming from everywhere. You jump and whirl around...but no one's there.

So how do you envision Korriban? Did you not care for it as well, or is the game version fine for you?

You Do realize that we are only seeing less than 1% of the entire planet, so can you really judge a whole religion's enviromental culture based on less than 1% of where they were? I mean, Look at the fanfilm Duality (don't even get me started on how some of you think the choreography sucks). They placed in on a part of Korriban that had Mountains and canyons. For all we Know, Darth Bane could have resided in a very volcanic area, like a place similar to Pompeii(sp?). So you really can't judge a place by one area.

Why does a Sith burial place have to look scary? Just because they were evil doesn't mean they have to like ugly surroundings. Even a Sith Lord could still like to look at rainbows while conquering the minds of the fragile masses.

You've got to admire the idealistic naivety of people who assume evil and ugly go hand in hand.

Archived